53 ↴ IRL

"I had no idea you acted."

Briar glanced up from her laptop screen to see Tom hunched over the most recent edition of Entertainment Weekly, closely reading Briar's article. He met her eyes and willed her to explain.

Briar shrugged, closing the lid of her laptop slightly. "It was only for a few years. If anything, it made me realise that I was better suited behind the camera."

Tom nodded, dropping his eyes to the photo of Briar on the page and then back up to her. He seemed almost hesitant to speak. "You look really good here, Bri. Beautiful."

Briar felt her heart swell at Tom's words and she offered him a shy smile. She pushed her slipping glasses further up her nose. "Thank you. That means a lot."

"So," Tom continued on quickly. His heart was racing. "Now that you're famous, does this mean I have to be your assistant?"

Briar laughed and reached across the table, ruffling Tom's curls playfully. She secretly loved how soft his curls were and, unknown to her, Tom loved the way her nails felt against brushing against his scalp. "You wish, Tom. I don't think you'd last a day in my shoes, just as I wouldn't last a day in yours."

Tom feigned a gasp and pressed a hand to his heart. "Ouch! I could totally do your job!"

Briar raised her eyebrow in challenging and patted the seat beside her. Tom smirked as he hopped up and squished in beside her. Opening her laptop, Briar explained what she was doing. "I'm currently booking our flights to Berlin, but on top of that I have to have a car ready and waiting for you at the airport over there when we arrive, as well as your accomodation booked so the driver knows where to go."

Tom struggled to hide the gobsmacked expression on his face. "Okay."

Briar gestured for him to take the laptop. "Go on, them. Book your flight. It's like a maths problem."

"I was never good at maths, I danced." Tom replied, not sure where to start. He could see that Briar was in the middle of booking some first class seats for him and Haz, but he couldn't see where she was supposed to sit. "Hey, where are you sitting? Why have you only chosen two seats?"

Briar threw him a look. "I'll be in economy, with the rest of the production crew. It's just like the hotels; the stars get the fancy stuff and the production crew get... adequate stuff."

Tom frowned and looked at Briar. "I want you to be with me. On the plane." He added quickly when he realised what he had said. Briar was looking at him with wide eyes that were shining with adoration.

"I don't think that's acceptable..." she began, but Tom hushed her and changed the seats from two to three.

"And I want you to ride with Haz and I, but I have no idea how to book the car." Tom chuckled, sliding the laptop back to Briar. "I did something, at least?"

Briar laughed and nodded, her stomach flopping. Tom really wanted her to fly with him that bad? "Yeah, you did something. Don't worry, I'll get it all sorted."

"And you'll make it so you're next to me the whole time?"

"Yes, I'll be next to you the whole time."