Chapter 18

Now back to real story, I guess! XD

------------------

Lewis was going insane. 

He thought he had gotten used to being locked inside a building for six - almost seven - months. But one look outside, seeing the snow that had melted, his friends' hair shifting with the warm breeze he couldn't feel, and even hearing the seagulls outside made him extremely gloomy. He didn't realize how much he missed the outside, until he took notice of the things that at one point he thought were annoying. Now, he would give anything to be able to feel the warmth of summer again and see the outside movement of other people going about their day. 

What sucked even more was that everyone he was able to talk to was going to E3. He was going to be alone for at least a week. Alone, as in having everybody you once knew work at the office while he can only stand back and watch. Like the first few months he was here. 

Duncan was going to drive with Simon and Hannah and Kim, then Sjin was going to follow with Turps, Sparkles*, and Martyn. They filmed enough footage that the editors could work on while they left, so their channels could be updated regularly. 

Hannah had went to her office before leaving, telling the others she forgot something, but really meant to give Lewis a hug before she left. He gratefully accepted, and while put on a happy expression as they left, he was really disappointed. Between being alone for a weekend, and feeling trapped locked inside the office building. 

To pass the time, Lewis practiced inside Simon's office on how to manipulate the computer. His own office had been cleaned out and his personal stuff moved back to his flat. The office was now empty for new hires, and as much as me misses it, he can't exactly do anything about it. 

He stood a few feet away from the computer, hands outstretched in front of him. He had been able to stand in front of the computer, but not touch it at all. Hesitantly, he reached a hand out onto the monitor, his pointer finger leading. The tip of his finger touched the corner of the screen without making the computer freak out, and he grinned as he dragged it down the monitor. 

Then the door to Simon's office suddenly opened, making him yelp and jump away, and the lights flickered. Standing in the doorway was Alex Smith from Hatfilms, staring at Lewis with an incredulous look on his face. Lewis swore and made himself invisible to Smith, who was still staring at the spot with wide eyes.

"What the.....?" Smith muttered, reaching a hand up to rub his eyes. 

While he was doing that, Lewis mentally told himself, 'fuck it', and made himself appear again. Smith had opened his eyes again and gasped when he saw the ghost. 

"Don't freak out," Lewis said, holding his hands up. 

"I-ah...Um...A-uh...." Smith tried to form words, but failed miserably in his fear and panic. 

"Shut the door," Lewis said quietly. Smith's eyes were still wide, and Lewis had to repeat himself for Smith to do his request. Even then, the ginger didn't let his eyes leave Lewis'. 

"Okay," Lewis continued. "Hi, Smith. It's me, Lewis. Don't freak out." 

Smith's mouth opened and closed like a fish, until he finally managed to find his voice. "L...Lewis? What...? How...?" He paused, and when Lewis was about to say something, Smith cut him off. "You're supposed to be dead!" 

Lewis gave a weak smile. "Yeah. I am dead. See?" He gestured to the wound on the side of his head. 

Smith didn't speak again for a while, looking Lewis up and down. He took in the features that was undoubtedly the exact injuries he was told Lewis had. 

"H-How...?" Smith asked, coming out of his shock slightly. 

"I...I don't really know," Lewis chuckled weakly. "I'm a ghost." 

"You.....What?" Smith asked in disbelief. 

"What does this look like?" Lewis gestured to himself. 

"I was at your funeral! How could you have....?" Smith trailed off again. 

"I'm a ghost," Lewis repeated. "That usually what happens after death."

"Oh my god," Smith muttered. He reached a hand up to his other arm and pinched the skin, making him wince. "I'm not dreaming." 

"No," Lewis said. 

"How?" Smith asked. 

"Again, I don't know how this works," Lewis answered. "I just know is that I died, and I'm still here."

"...Have you been here for six months?" Smith asked. 

Lewis nodded his head. Smith looked at him incredulously. 

"Are you kidding? Does anyone else know?" Smith asked. 

Lewis nodded, then began to explain who knew and all the events that had occured since his death. Smith listened with wide eyes and a peaked interest. 

"Whoa," Was all Smith could say after Lewis' 'tale'. "Hey, do you think you could possess someone?" 

Lewis thought for a moment. "Maybe. I never actually tried." His eyes light up for a second. He looks about to say something, but shakes his head. "Nevermind." 

"What?" Smith asked. 

"It's probably not a good idea," Lewis insists. 

"No!" Smith argued. He has calmed back down to his usual self. "You're a ghost, anything can be interesting!"

"Alright," Lewis said, smiling slightly. "If can 'possess' someone....Do you mind helping me practice?" 

Smith was still processing this request when a knock came to the door. Lewis had already made himself invisible to only Smith, just in case this happened, so when Smith gave him a panicked look, he gave him the 'ok' sign. Trott had opened the door, Ross behind him, looking at Smith with a confused expression. 

"You comin', Smith?" Trott asked. "You've been here for a long time. We were about to start without you!"

Smith gave one last look at Lewis, then turned back to his friends. 

"Yeah. Sorry about that, lost track of time," Smith excused. The other two looked at him suspiciously, but shrugged it off as he walked through the door. 

But before the door of the office completely shut, Lewis saw Smith nod and give him a thumbs up. An agreement to his question.