Chapter Nine

CHAPTER NINE

The day I have been waiting for has finally came. It's Friday, also known as the day me and Harry are going to hangout. 

I dart out of bed and run into the washroom to freshen up. 

The past week has been the same with Harry, except everyday after school we would hang out at either one of our houses (we switched everyday) and we would do homework together and watch one Sherlock episode. But yesterday, I introduced him to another one of my favourite shows, Merlin, and I was so happy when he enjoyed it just as much. It seems like the more I hang out with him, the more I adore him even more. 

I quickly change into leggings and light blue comfy sweater. I put on my socks and fix my hair leaving it down naturally before grabbing my bag and heading down the stairs. 

"Morning, mum." I kiss her check. 

"Good morning, Joey." I grab a banana, a yogurt from the fridge and a croissant. I put the croissant in a zip lock bag before putting all the food in my school bag. 

"I'm going to go to school now. Have a good day at work." I give her a hug.

"Have a good day at school and have fun at Harry's." I blush.

"Thanks. Bye, mum." 

"Bye, Joey." I leave the house and quickly walk to school.

After stopping by my locker, I make my way to the library. A few seconds after I sit down in my spot, Harry enters our corner a few seconds later and sits down beside me.

"Morning, Joelle." He smiles. I still can't get over how my name flows out of his mouth. 

"Good morning, Harry." I smile at him. "How are you?" 

"I'm great and you?" 

"I'm excited." I smile at him. I take out my breakfast from my bag. 

"Me too." He smiles. He also takes out his breakfast from his bag. Strawberries and a bagel with cream cheese. "Here." He hands me a half of his bagel and I take it. I rip my croissant in half and hand one half to Harry.

We eat our breakfast in comfortable silence like we do every morning now. We always share our food and we also share our fruits with one another. I honestly love the switching of the food, I don't know why but it makes me feel all funny and happy inside. It feels like we have more of a connection since we are eating each others food, and I love it. I take some of his strawberries and he rips half of my banana and we eat it in our comfortable silence. 

I love this friendship we have. I don't know if this is what everyone does with their friends but I seem to like it. Harry brings me so much comfort. He makes me feel so relaxed and I know I could just be myself around him. I could make fun of myself without needing to worry, and if I do something embarrassing I don't really mind because I am with Harry and I trust him. We could just sit in silence and it could be one of the best moments I've ever had. 

"That was a very yummy breakfast." I smile at him. 

"It was." He agrees with a nod.

"You're still not going to tell me what we are going to do tonight?" I raise an eyebrow at him. 

"Nope. It's going to be a surprise." He smiles innocently at me. 

"Ugh." I cross my arms and look straight ahead. "I am not too fond of surprises." I look at Harry in the corner of my eye to see if he would give in.

"Not going to work, Joelle." He sing songs. I huff. 

"Fine." 

We talk about the Olympics which somehow leads to which pet is the best. I say a small Shi-poo (shih tzu and poodle) whereas Harry says cats. Before we know it, the bell rings signalling class is going to start in a few minutes. I say bye to Harry before we part ways to class.