Chapter Fifteen

Ahh I've had a lot of people ask for updates and I promise I'm doing what I can! Oh, also, I think we're getting to the secret soon! Cain has a past with her family, but Kara knows nothing of it...will she forgive him?
xo

Cain

Kara and I decided to take the Porsche to the pack house. I'm excited for her to see the pack and I'm interested to see how people will react when they find out that I found a mate like Kara. She's an assertive wolf that will definitely do her fair share of work and more for the pack.

I wonder what my parents will say when I tell them I love her.

     "You look good," I say, pulling her in front of me and wrapping my arms around her.

     She blushes and bites her lip, draping her arms around my neck. I feel her fingers weave through my hair.

     "I love you, Kara," I say.

     Her face becomes serious.

     "Cain, I-" she says.

     "I know you aren't ready to say it back. It's okay," I say.

     I look beside me at Kara sitting in the passenger seat. She has the windows down and the sun in her face. Her hair blows with the wind and her eyes are closed. There's a slight smile on her face and I can't help but smile myself. She's so beautiful and perfect.

I love her so much.

How close are we? Kara asks through the mind link.

We've still got some time yet, babe. I say.

     Okay. She says, nibbling her lip.

     One of her nervous tells.

     Are you nervous? I ask.

     Course. She says.

     They're gonna love you. Vic says that the pack kids have been excited to meet their future Luna. I say.

     Kids? Okay, yeah, maybe I can start with the kids. She says almost as if to herself.

     You being you is more than enough. I say.

     She turns from the window to look at me.

     "Thank you," she says aloud.

"Just sit back and enjoy the ride," I say, grinning.

She smiles and turns back to the open window. God, I honestly can't even believe I got a mate like her. A mate so perfect. Now I understand what my father used to talk about when he said he couldn't even begin to explain the love and happiness towards my mom. It's limitless.

"Are Emily and Victor going to be there?" I hear her ask.

"Of course. The pack house is the central headquarters and everyone knows you'll be visiting today," I say.

"Everyone?" she looks over, nervousness evident on her face.

"Kara, babe, they're gonna love you," I say.

She sighs, grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers.

•••

I raise my hand to turn the doorknob, but drop it once I see Kara fidgeting. I turn to her and take her hands from fussing with her hair and set them by her sides. She looks at me and nods. I grin and grab the doorknob again, turning it and walking in.