Chapter Nineteen

"oh well Cora, shouldn't you be in your room?" I say picking up all the broken and destroyed toys.

"It gets boring in there. Here's the only place that I can see the outside." She says holding the doll I was holding before.

"You don't have a window in your room?" I ask getting comfortable.

"No" she says with a crack in her voice.

"My mom tells me its better to be happy and to focus on the positive." The room was then silent until she had asked me,"So, do you have a boyyyyfriend" she says exaggerating boyfriend and nudging my arm.

"Um...I don't know yet. Does miss Cora have a boyfriend?" I say doing the same thing she did to me.

"No. I'm too ugly to have a boyfriend."

"You're absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to be your boyfriend." I hear a voice at the entrance of the door say.

She smiles so big and notices him right away.

"Zach Herron!" She says getting up.

"You know him?" I ask laughing.

"He's only like the cutest guy ever." She says jumping.

She goes to hug him and instead Zach carries her. I smile at how cute these two look together. Although Cora was only 8, she had so much positivity and light in her.

"You don't need a boyfriend" he says as he puts her down.

"Being strong and independent works just fine. Sometimes even more" he says looking down at her as she puts her head near his stomach because she isn't tall enough to reach his chest.

I get up and head to Zach.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Cora says still hugging him.

I laugh.

"not yet" he says. We stare into each other's eyes as we all smile.

"Cora, it was such a pleasure to meet you. You seem like a gorgeous and strong young lady. Always be yourself. Remember, you'll find that one." I say looking at her.

"Do you have a phone number?" She asks Zach and I.

"Yeah why?" I ask.

"Can I have it so I can call you anytime I want to talk to you. You're my new friend."

My heart was filled. The fact that she was lonely, it made me feel the need to fulfill the mother role. Although we just met she made me happy.

"Here" I write it with a blue colored pencil on an empty corner of a coloring book.

"I'll make sure to tell my mom all about you" she says getting the gray colored paper from my hand.

"Want us to walk you to your room?" Zach asks holding my hand.

Her eyes widen and she smiles so big. "Really?"

"Yeah" he says smiling back at her.

"That'd be so cool." She takes his empty hand and holds it.

I walk behind Zach and Cora and see her talking to him about what it seems to be everything.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn around.

"I need to talk to you"

I turn around and look him in the eyes. Just who I suspected. I get loose of his grip and continue walking. I noticed that Zach and Cora are no longer walking in front of me.

"Please" he says standing in the same spot I had left him at.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Come on. You know what I wanna talk about."

"Corbyn, just let it go. You're lucky he's alive"

"Ari, please."

"Just tell me where you were."

"I can't."

"Well then I can't talk."

I start walking, trying to find my way back to Daniels room. It was getting late and so I wanted to say goodnight before I left.

At the corner of my eye I see a someone following me. Assuming it's Corbyn, I say, "leave me alone. You've done enough damage."

"I'm one of the Bessons. Just not the besson you told to leave you alone."

I stop walking and stay in the middle of the hallway. What was she doing here?

"Ashley?"

"Look I know we haven't talked but, your friends are in trouble."

"Yeah no shit" I turn around to face her.

"Arianna, I'm trying to help."

"By doing what? Informing me and reminding me of the things I already know." I clench my fist in anger, "what are you gonna tell me now? The sun's extremely hot."

"Zach's hot too."

"Irrelevant to what we were talking about."

"I thought we were stating the obvious."

I laugh in anger because I didn't feel like arguing with her right now.

"We'll talk later if you want."

"If I'm alive later" she mumbles but I hear her.

"What?" I question now scared and worried for her.

"Nothing. See ya" she walks away and I stare at her until she leaves.

"If I'm alive later?" I say to myself, really confused.

"What does she mean?" I take out my phone and notice that it's almost dead. I don't understand that because it was around 50% not too long ago.

I decide to text Corbyn and warm him about what Ashley had said just in case something does happen.

'ashley just said something really weird. Please take care of her.' as I was about to send it, my phone dies. Great.

A part of hands covers my eyes and I get so scared, I drop my phone.

"It's just me" he laughs and uncovers my eyes.

I bend down to get my phone.

"Nice ass" he says looking at me as I bend down.

"Not the time." I say pecking his lips. "Let's go home"

HEY! I'm kinda back. No one probably missed this and this story/fanfic is probably dead by now. But I updated. Woohoo! Have a nice day or night. Love you and thanks for reading <3

- Angelina 🤠