Prologue

Being a Moretti is probably the hardest task in my life... no scratch that, it is the hardest task in my life.

        In this family, everyone is popular and beautiful- it's practically in our genes. My dad was the high school quarterback, my mom was the head cheerleader, my sister Riley is the freshman class president and my brother Jake is the captain of the basketball team. Me you ask? Well... I'm Ciana the Geek, or that's what everyone in school calls me... along with the Abnormal Moretti.

        I'm basically the black sheep of the family. I have frizzy curly hair, and glasses that might as well be binoculars. I'd like to think of myself as the modern day Ugly Betty.

         Riley is the youngest and it's like she skipped the ugly stage, which it seems like a lot of these freshmen are doing nowadays, and went to being Candice Swanepoel or something. Seriously, it's like she's a younger version of her.

        Then there's Jake... the oldest and the typical jock (minus the ego, thank God). There's not much to say about him to be honest. Every girl swoons over him and how he's "so hot" and how they could look into his hazel eyes all day or how big his muscles are. It's quite sickening to be honest... hearing about the things they'd do to him. Like come on, who wants to hear how they'd like to bone my brother?

        Both siblings live up to the family name and the beauty of being Italian and Greek. Wish I could say the same for me. I'm practically adopted... or look like I am.

        Which is why my parents are sending me to Italy for the summer. They want me to "blend in" with them. I don't blame them though, it's hard walking alongside gods and goddesses and feel like I'm getting stabbed with sharp knives. It's like I could read the puzzled looks on people faces when we go out in public.

"Ana! Come on! You don't want to miss your flight!" my dad yelled.

I stuffed the last essential in my carry on bag and ran down the stairs.

 "You're lucky you're going to Italy for the summer." Riley told me.

"It's only for the makeover. It's not like I'm going to have any fun." I responded.

"Yes you will. You're getting to live like Mia Thermopolis."

Although that would be cool if I was Princess of Genovia.

"Make sure you get me some Italian babes numbers." Jake said.

"I don't think you want me to be your wing girl." I laughed.

"Eh. At least I tried." he said as he tossed his basketball up in the air.

"Alright, time to go."

I gave everyone a hug, "See you in three months."

My dad took my luggage out to the car and I got in the passenger seat and he got in the drivers seat.

"You ready?" he asked as he crank up the car.

"Ready as I'll ever be."