A- Quidditch Fight

Just wanted to say there might be a forth character coming in and I will be labeling all of my chapters with an A. No garentee for anything as I have an outstanding ability to forget things.

Alyssa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace's POV

I pulled out my robes from my trunk that I had planned to wear today. I looked them over critically. I looked at the black section on the left side. There was something on it, some sort of stain.

I nearly groaned. Not already. Last year the girls in my dorm had taken to staining my clothes. Of course, it wasn't much trouble to clean it all up but it wasn't the nicest thing to do, especially to my best robes! Didn't they have better things to be doing during their final year at Hogwarts?

I looked in the mirror and made sure everything was right. My straight brown hair was not out of place and my eyes didn't look red. Perfect. I hadn't gotten a sunburn from reading outside yesterday.

I grabbed my bag and the book that I had recently checked out of the Hogwarts library. Results of Misbrewed Potions. Some of them were rather funny. Like there was one that was a solution to cure boils but the person made a mistake and they put it on their face and then the boils grew to the size of a golf ball!

I stepped down on the stairs only to find some ignorant boy had tried to climb up so I slid down and got up as if it was entirely normal.

Misbrewed Polyjuice Potions was the next chapter, 'this should be good.' I thought.

"Grace, are you reading a different book? Are you planning to read the entire library?" my best friend, Zav said. Okay, maybe he was my only friend because nobody could put up with my reading.

"That is entirely impossible, I calculated it and-"

Zav was laughing. "Grace!"

"It would take fifty years, at the rate I'm going now, nonstop it would be twenty years. Not counting the restricted section."

"I can't believe you."

"Most people can't. Now who was it that tried to get up the staircase?" I asked never pausing in my reading. Zav had become accustomed to it.

"Er... well, Grace, you see-"

"Zav, was it you?"

"Maybe?"

"You never read Hogwarts; A History did you? It said that!"

"It's too long."

"Over a thousand pages, Zav, you're a Ravenclaw, you could do it."

"No, Grace, leave it. Breakfast."

"I don't eat breakfast."

"Yeah? Well, I do and I see you eat some. So come on."

"I'm not going. See you in Ancient Runes."

"I don't take Ancient Runes, Gracie." he said. He was the only person who called me Gracie. I hated Gracie, unless he said it. I had told him my name on the Hogwarts Express he just said I looked much to young so he called me Gracie. I never really did look my age. I still looked like a fifth year even though I was two years older.

"See you in Potions."

"And she memorized her schedule already. Gracie, it's Saturday."

"Oh."

"I'm going to drag you to breakfast."

"No," I said. Suddenly my book was snatched from my hands and I looked up to see Zav, who was grinning. His chocolate eyes seemed to be looking into my soul. I hadn't noticed he'd cut his brown hair, and it did look a little more bronze than usual. "Zav!"

"You're rather pretty, Gracie. Stop hiding behind a book." he said and took off in the direction of the Great Hall. I had no choice but to follow.

After we had a hasty breakfast we went for our daily walk outside. It was an unspoken agreement that I was allowed to read as long as I spoke to him and didn't read during our morning walk.

Cory's POV

"QUIDDITCH, YOU LOT, WAKE UP!" I bellowed at my snoozing team.

"Cory, it's Saturday, I think I'm going to sleep," Mary said.

"UP! GET IN YOUR ROBES AND I WANT TO SEE YOU IN THE AIR IN FIVE MINUTES OR WE'LL BE SEEING HOW WELL YOU CAN DODGE TWO BLUDGERS AT ONCE!"

They all grumbled but obeyed,

Ten minutes later my seeker, Warner, flew towards me.

"Cory, those two could be Ravenclaw spies," he said pointed to a boy and girl with matching Ravenclaw robes. The girl seemed to be trying to get a book from the guy.

"Nah, that's just Bookworm," I said. I couldn't remember who she was but that she always had her nose stuck in a book.

"And the guy is the Ravenclaw Seeker, Zav Williams."

I breathed out. "You lot stay! Come on Warner."

I plummeted down towards the pair. And stopped just short of hitting them.

"Hey, Williams, what are you doing?"

Then the girl made a wild movement and grabbed the book.

"Got it, Zav!"

"Not now, Grace. Am I not allowed to walk the grounds now, Mayson?"

"You aren't here by accident, we have a practice."

"No, it's not because Grace and I walk here every single day. So because I'm Seeker I'm not allowed to do that?"

"Lier," I snarled.

"Don't pull out your wand, Mayson. Grace's top of our class. She could beat both of you with one hand tied behind her back."

"Technically, not if it was my wand arm, that would leave it up to luck," said the Grace girl quietly.

I had a sudden memory, was this the girl who the hat hadn't even made it on her head when the hat yelled Ravenclaw?

"Everyday, Mayson, look tomorrow and we'll be here, same time. Anyday, unless I have practice, got it?"

"He's telling the truth, Cory." Warner said.

"I will get my revenge, when your little girlfriend isn't around," I said turning.

"I'm not his girlfriend," the girl said in nothing more than a whisper.