Chapter 2

Once the Dursleys arrived at the beach they parked their car and found a spot, they had Harry set up their beach chairs and umbrella. After Harry had done so, he waited for Petunia and Vernon's dismissal to leave them alone and walked off to find a place far enough away from them.

Soon enough, Harry found a small cove that was abandoned but looked very peaceful. As he came closer, the small boy realized that there was someone or something in there, and it looked hurt. Harry rushed over to see if he could help, he was used to fixing up wound as a side-effect of living with the Dursleys for most of his life. To his astonishment, it was a beautiful woman in a white dress, and long black hair, but it was bleeding badly from her side. Harry waded into the water that was tinged with her blood and tried to carry her out of the water. During the struggle that Harry went through trying to get her out of the water, he eventually settled with just getting her to sit up, her feet moved and Harry saw a tail sticking out from under her dress. He did his best to stay calm and help her but couldn't help but ask, "Why do you have a tail?"

She gave a pained smile and answered, " My name is Vivianna and I am a Siren but I am dying." Harry looked surprised at this, he had read about Mermaids and Sirens before in a book that Dudley got once but threw out afterwards. "Because you tried to help me, I will give you my gift." Vivianna motioned for him to sit on the edge of the water and took her hands and placed them on Harry's small neck so her thumbs rested over his vocal chords. Harry felt a tingle under where she placed her thumbs and gave a short cry of surprise as he felt himself changing, his eyes grew clearer and he grew taller. Now he was normal size for a seven year-old instead of a six year-old. After a moment, she removed her hands and told him, "It is now time for me to pass on, this gift is to be cherished. If you ever need guidance, go to any source of water where you can see a reflection and call out for the Lady of the Lake". With that she closed her eyes and breathed her last. A gold glow came from her body, starting above her heart and soon encasing her whole body and became a small shell, the same lavender color of her tail. (sort of like the shell that Ursula wears in the Little Mermaid)

_ _ _ _ _ _

Harry picked up the shell and placed it in one of his pockets. He stepped into the water until it reached his hips and whispered, "Lady of the Lake?" As soon as he spoke those words, the water rippled gently and a young woman with long blonde hair and a dress the same color as the water rose up out of it.

"Hello little one, what is it that you need?" the Lady of the Lake replied.

Harry was too amazed at her to answer the question until she asked it again. Harry told her the story of what had happened and she listened carefully. "Well little one, if you want help, I will need to know your name."

"My name is Harry Potter, Miss Lady of the Lake". The little boy announced.

"Harry...hmm, you need an ocean name as well. How about Caspian?" she asked Harry shook his head.

"Can I have something closer to my real name please?"

"All right...Hurley?"

"No thanks"

"Haven?"

"It just doesn't sound right"

"Oooh I know! Hali"

"Yeah that sounds alright." replied Hali

(An. From now on he will be called Hali if he is around water by himself or talking with the Lady)

"Ok Hali, now it is time to get down to business. You were gifted the powers of a siren by the last remaining water siren." Seeing Harry's look of surprise. She continued, "There are two types of Siren. Those that live under water and those that live in the air. They are mostly the same but the water sirens are natural healers and can become very dangerous when threatened. Water sirens also have tails while air sirens have wings."

"So where is MY tail?" Hali asked.

"I was getting to that, male sirens of both types can grow legs and walk on land. You just need to learn how to bring them out." the Lady answered. "Now, imagine the tail that you saw Vivianna had and picture your feet merging together."

Hali closed his eyes and visualized his legs becoming the tail that Vivianna had. Soon enough his legs started to tingle and become heavier. He opened his eyes as he began to fall over backwards. Hali gave a small sound of surprise as he landed in the water and saw a purple-ish blue tail where his legs should be. "Ok, I think I got this part down, anything else?"

"Yes, Sirens also have this ability called the thrall or the Siren song. With training, you will be able to make people listen to whatever you have to say and do anything that you ask of them. If you call me in the future, use the name Freya" With that she turned into water and disappeared.

(An. Chapter lengths and updates will vary. I do not have much of a story line so if you have ideas for the way that this should go, tell me. As of now, this will be a Harry/Luna but I am willing to change if you give me a good reason.)