Chapter 19

Enjoy :)

Elizabeth P.O.V

I woke up feeling groggy and...hot! I stood up carefully and walked to the window opening it. The day was bright and burning hot! I smiled, the weather was crazy! Yesterday it had been dark and cold and today it was hot.

I smiled more, today was a perfect day to go outside and explore! I decided I would. I dint want to be in the house all day with Jake. Especially after I saw him drunk a couple of hours ago. Was he seriously that crazy about me? I sighed, you told him you dint love him Liz, dont forget that.

I looked at the clock. It was nine. Perfect I doubted Jake would be awake at this hour. I hoped he dint get mad I went out. I shrugged, I could just tell Cynthia I was going out. I showered carefully removing the bandage under my breasts. My ribs dint hurt as much anymore.

I avoided looking at my body in the mirror and hoped in the shower. I showered quickly. I really wanted to go out and I dint want Jake stopping me.

I changed into some shorts and a flowery tank top. I grabbed the toms Cynthia had bought me and put them on. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked different. I smiled I liked the way the toms looked with the shirt. I combed my natural wavy hair and made it straight. I wondered if I should wear makeup. But decided not to. I wasnt trying to impress anyone.

I went to my room making my bed. I was used to do this. In the orphanage we we're the witches personal slaves! I smiled more. I was free of the witch! If only Ashton could be here at my side... I shook my head. Today I wanted to focus on exploring the woods.

I stepped outside to the hallway. I turned the corner and bumped into someone "Oops sorry" I said. I looked up, it was the guy who had been with Jake in the living room last night. I dint remember his name. He looked at me and smiled "Good morning Luna" he said with a small vow. He was wearing some shorts and a blue shirt. His hair looked as if had just gotten out of bed.

I laughed it was really amusing having people calling me that. "Good morning errr"

"Gericho" he said. Ohh that was his name! I remembered now. I smiled at him. His dirty blond hair reminded me of Ashton's.

"Morning Gericho" I said and went downstairs. He followed me "May I ask where our Luna is going this early?" he asked. I laughed and turned to him "You can call me Liz please, and just out to the woods" I said.

He frowned "To the woods?" he asked. It seemed that Jake and him we're really close friends. I was pretty sure Jake had told him about our argument also. He was probably wondering if I was going to run away. I smiled more "Yeah I'm just going to explore a bit" I answered.

He frowned more "Shouldn't you rest? You broke your ribs" he said. I rolled my eyes "I feel fine already" I said and I turned around deciding I would use the back door. He followed me again "Shouldn't you eat something first Liz?" he asked. I shook my head not turning to look at him, I was trying to remember what door led to the kitchen "Im not really hungry" I said stopping in front of two doors.

"But you should really eat something, its not healthy for you not to eat anything. Dint you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day?" he said and I laughed "Fine I'll grab an apple or something" I said. I had figured out which door was the kitchen. I went inside and wished I hadnt.

It was the door to the dining room. Great! Jake and Sandra we're sitting down eating breakfast. It bugged me a little that Gericho cared more if I ate breakfast or not. I smiled warmly at Sandra and avoided Jake's gaze. Hmmm for someone who had a hangover he surely woke up early!