24 : Grounded

Nothing Compares - Pixie Lott

E N J OY 

Chapter 24 : Grounded

I thought when Harry returned that everything would go back to normal, but I was wrong. He's mad at me and it's easy to tell. Harry has every right to be. I turned what was supposed to be a great night into a bad one. As our punishment, Paul decided it was best for all of us to be locked in this hotel room for a day. I don't know if it was his idea, or management's. Either way, it was the lamest idea ever. Who locks five celebrities in a room?

Last time I checked, we are all young adults. Except for Louis. Somehow, someway, that man is the oldest of us all.

Not the point.

We aren't children!

Sighing, I stared out into the distance, taking in the hot, humid air. The rain finally settled down even though the sky was completely covered in clouds. The balcony was the perfect place for me to be at the moment. Although I was beginning to sweat, I just needed to be away from everyone to clear my head. 

"I wish the sun was out," Summer commented, flipping her hair around wildly. 

Everyone but her, of course. I watched her in the corner of my eye, a small smile growing on my face. "If the sun was out, we wouldn't be standing here. Alive, anyway."

She snorted, flipping her hair back. "You're absolutely right." Turning to me, Summer put her serious face on, fixing her hair a bit. "Talk to me. What's on your mind. Tell Dr. Evans."

Dr. Evans? Now that I hear it, it doesn't sound too bad. I shrugged, looking down at the people leaving and entering the hotel. "You should already know with all the past events and all."

"Yeah, but that only leaves me to guess what could bring you down. Instead of doing all that, you could just tell me."

I pursed my lips, looking at her. Poking her bottom lip out, it began to quiver like a puppy that just lost it's bone. I rolled my eyes, a small laugh escaping my lips. "I just think Harry is mad at me. If it wasn't for me bringing that ass hole along, we wouldn't all be in this hotel room grounded like a bunch of children."

She nodded her head, taking in all that I just said. "I'm not Harry's brain, so I can't exactly speak for him. You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened last night. I'm the one that told you to bring Dominic along."

Silence fell between us. 

Summer was the one that insisted I bring Dominic as my date. Did she think all that happened was her fault? The only thing we aimed for was to make Harry jealous, but he punched Dominic in the face. Would that count as jealousy?

Again, not the point. 

"It's all my fault," Summer said, breaking the silence. 

I scoffed. "Shut up."

"It's true! I-"

I glared at her, silencing the red headed girl. "Say it again and I'm going to make you wish you hadn't."

She threw her hands up in defeat, looking away from my deadly glare. 

I smiled in victory, turning to the cars rolling by on the street. Without even thinking about it, I slowly began counting the red cars. 

"Instead of fighting over it, let's both take the blame!" Summer suggested. 

I shrugged, nodding my head in agreement. It's better than the both of us going back and forth about who's fault it really is. Now it's fifty, fifty.