0.1

I hear the sound of a loud and horrifying scream coming from downstairs. I rush down there to see someone in all black with an axe in hand trying to murder my family right before my eyes. I had left my phone upstairs with no way to contact the police. I freeze in my footsteps when I reach the bottom of the stairs, the guy is yelling at me and my family, I don't know what he's saying, it's all just a blur. I rush back upstairs as quickly as possible trying to get away and not get killed. I hear him drop a body, specifically the one he was holding by the neck, my mother. I open the door to my bedroom, rush in and slam the door shut behind me and lock it. I run over to my nightstand to grab my phone off of it. I dial 9-1-1 as fast as I possibly can, I hear the mumbles coming from the phone, but I can't make out what they are saying. I tell them my address and what is going on and quickly hang up the phone. The person dressed in black is still beating on my door trying to get in. I try to think of what to do, I put on my shoes and grab a weapon from my bedroom, which is my baseball bat that I always keep beside my bed in case of something like this happens. I quickly open my window, I was going to escape from, but my bedroom is too high off of the ground and I have no way down. I text and call the only person that I know, who lives close by which is my uncle Robbie. I have no answer from him. The unknown person finally beats down my door and starts walking towards me, I go to swing my bat at him and he stops it with his hands, he throws it across the room and brings his knife closer to my neck, start to feel a sharp pain and then the entire room goes white.

I can't see because I am blinded by the sun and tears in my eyes from that horrible dream, not a dream. A nightmare. I sit up from my bed, heart racing and looking around the room to make sure nobody is in here. I rush downstairs to see if anyone is okay, my step-mother is in the kitchen making breakfast as I walk down there. I see my sister and father sitting at the table waiting for the food to be ready.

"Good morning, honey. " My father greets me as he flips through the pages of the newspaper. "You're going to be late for school if you don't go get dressed." My step mom tells me as I still haven't said anything to the two of them.

I walk back upstairs to my bedroom, I quickly put on some foundation, mascara and eyeliner, brush through my long blonde hair and go to my closet to find some clothing to wear.

I decide to go simple today so I put on some black leggings with a white v-neck and my white docs. I also grab my black jacket hanging on my closet door. It's December first, cold as hell outside in Indiana and even a little icy out. I love the weather like this, the cold air, the dim days, it's all just so cozy to me. I grab my phone off the nightstand beside my bed and head back downstairs. I sit at the table and eat what my step-mom had put on my plate for me, pancakes and bacon. My older sister is sitting beside me on my right, looking at the screen of her iPhone. She's wearing all black with a white beanie to cover up her short bleach blonde hair. I don't know why she keeps it so short during the winter, I would be freezing if I was her.

"What are your plans after school?" I ask Ana, my older sister. "Going with friends to the mall." She answers me, although I know that she isn't really going to the mall after school, I know she just said that because of she's in front of our parents. I check the clock on my phone "We have to be at school by 7:30 and it's already 7 so we better get going" I say as I stand up from the table and put my plate into the sink, Ana doing the same. "Oh, okay, bye girls, see you this evening!" My father says and also tells us he loves us and we say we love him too. My step mother just says a simple "See you later."

"Where are you really going?" I ask my sister as soon as she closes the front door behind her. "Devin's house, of course." She answers. My sister has been seeing Devin for a little while now, I guess you could call them boyfriend and girlfriend? He's a real piece of shit that our parents don't know about.

I arrive at school, rushing inside to get to my locker so I'm not late for class. "There's a huge party tonight and we're going." The deep voice says to me as I close my longer to see the blonde haired boy standing on the other side of me, shoving books into his locker, also. "Sounds like a plan," I say as Tate smirks at me and we walk down the hall to class.