4
chopsticks
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

throughout the course of the day, jaemin found out he shared 4 classes with chenle and 2 with a friend he made through him named donghyuck.

donghyuck was sweet. very outgoing and loud, but still sweet nonetheless. jaemin was glad he met the both of them.

maybe they were all he really needed to survive the rest high school.

maybe a boyfriend too, but he knew he'd never get one. least he thought he wouldn't.

he can't see into the future.

anyways, it was already 6:19pm when jaemin reached the seven eleven he worked at. a little late because donghyuck and chenle held him back from going anywhere for 2 hours claiming they wanted to hang out with him more.

school got out at 4. and because jaemin didn't want to go home (he doesn't even want to call it that honestly) he spent the next 2 hours with chenle and donghyuck at the park.

but as much as jaemin wanted to stay with them longer, he knew he needed money so he told them they could on the weekend and with that, donghyuck skipped away with chenle happily.

jaemin smiled thinking of it as he walked inside the convenience store going straight to the employee restroom to change his shirt.

that's all he really needed to wear honestly. jaehyun never mentioned anything about wearing specific pants cause he didn't care.

it's not like anyone was gonna look below his waist anyways.

with his shirt on and named tag pinned, jaemin walked out behind the counter where his shift started.

bless his teachers they didn't give him any assignments on the first day. he remembered when he was a freshman about 4 of his teachers gave him homework.

things changed of the course of time though.

jaemin was quietly minding his own business, waiting for someone to walk in looking ahead of him just staring into nothing as sudden negative thoughts ran through his mind.

what was he gonna get for raising his voice at his aunt like that? hit? being hit was nothing new though. she only ever hit and threw, but jaemin had other ideas on what she'd do.

kick him out, force him to stay in the basement (she had this one time for a week when he was 8 for accidentally breaking a vase), starve him maybe?

he had ideas. those were it.

it was a sound of a bell that brought jaemin out of the daze he was in, his eyes shooting to the front of the store, eyes widening when he saw the one and only jeno.

he saw him earlier at school in a couple of his classes. turns out they were in the same grade.

jaemin didn't know if he noticed him or not. he probably didn't.

upon seeing jeno, jaemin straightened himself up running a hand through his hair.

'why am i even trying to look good?!' he yelled at himself in his head before seeing a cup of noodles and a red gatorade on the counter.

looking up, jaemin saw jeno's face. his hair parted into a comma with a half smile on his face.

and god damn, jaemin knows it's cliche, but if looks could kill, he'd be dead.

long gone, laying in a coffin, in the grave with a gravestone that reads:

'me lmao bye'

gulping, jaemin looked back down, a light pink dusted across his cheeks fingers carefully wrapping around the cup of noodles.

ever since the ramen in the paper cup burning jaemin's hand incident, jeno always made sure to get the ones in the styrofoam so jaemin wouldn't hurt himself.

as jaemin was scanning jeno's stuff, jeno slyly slid a mini oreo cup in with his stuff before deciding to say something.

"i can tell you're wearing makeup."

jaemin's eyes widened before he coughed choking on his saliva keeping his eyes down on the items scanning the cup of mini oreos "i-i'm not into this! uhm.. i w-was just testing something out it-"

"hush, it's fine. i was just pointing it out. your face looks better naturally though." jeno interrupted jaemin's rambling with a small smile.

flustered and embarrassed, jaemin bit his lip and nodded not knowing what to say before looking up at him, cheeks still painted a pretty pink.

"total uhm y-your total! like, 3 dollars and 50 cents or s-something pay up!" jaemin immediately wanted to kill himself for sounding so unprofessional.

it's been a long day. he was kind of out of it. that or jeno was just flustering him to the point where he couldn't speak right.

jeno handed jaemin the exact amount of money with a chuckle. "i'm sorry for flustering you. but i have to admit, it's kind of cute though."

whoosh.

there goes jaemin's heart!

'who allowed this boy i swear-'

jaemin kind of made a 'pffttt' sound out as he pushed jeno's stuff towards him. "me? cute? haha funny."

jeno just smiled at him as he took the gatorade and cup of noodles in his hands leaving the cup of mini oreos.

"it wasn't a joke, jaemin." jeno said.

and holy shit, the way jeno said jaemin's name.

WHOOSH

what in the fuck is this boy doing to jaemin's heart and cheeks? his cheeks, instead of being a cute pretty pink, was now a dark red. the blush spreading to his ears.

"anyways, i gotta blast. i'll see you here tomorrow right?" jeno then asked jaemin choking on his saliva part 2.

he nodded his head slowly as jeno smiled "cool. i can stick around a little later tomorrow cause it's friday. it'd be fun to talk to you more."

"oh and the oreos are yours." jeno grinned as he walked out of the seven eleven, jaemin's jaw to the floor as he watched jeno leave not bothering to look at the oreos still baffled by the exchange that happened between them.

when he was finally regaining his senses, jaemin's back slouched as he looked down at the cup of oreos, opening them and popping one in his mouth before he mumbled:

"i hope you don't forget your chopsticks tomorrow, jeno."

Ack, here's a jeno and jaemin interaction.

i deadass just want to make jaemin a whole panicked gay around jeno for a while till they become friends.

these chapters just keep getting worse sorry.

but thanks for reading lol😗