37. Epilogue

Rieka woke up to a weight over her waist, Jacob's arm, and turned to her husband with a smile. "Morning" she whispered, listening to the sound of footsteps outside of the door.

"Morning" Jacob whispered back, leaning over to plant a short kiss on her lips as he brushed her hair out of her face. "I took the day off work. They should be able to cope without me for one day" he informed her.

"Perfect" she mumbled against his lips, a small smile forming.

They pulled away from each other as their bedroom door opened, their children running into the room and climbing onto the bed. "Morning Mommy! Morning Daddy!" the twins spoke simultaneously.

"Come on pups, let your mother get ready. Go downstairs, we will be down soon" Jacob shooed the twins out of the room before shutting the door behind them. 

Jacob got dressed while Rieka went for a shower. Once she was showered and dressed, she walked down the stairs and smiled at the sight in the living room. Jacob was doing push-ups in the centre of the room with Abigail and Julian sitting on his back, giggling to themselves. Jacob looked up when Rieka walked into the room, sending her a quick wink which made her laugh to herself as she walked up to them.

"All right munchkins" Rieka chuckled as she lifted Julian, then Abigail, off of their father's back and stood them on the floor. "Have you got your bags?" she asked them, flattening down Abigail's hair. 

They both turned into beautiful children. Abigail had Rieka's large doe eyes and her father's fiery hair. Julian had his father's deep blue eyes and his mother's soft brown hair. Abigail was stubborn and curious, definitely gave Jacob a run for his money when she started an argument. He swears that she is too intelligent for her age. Julian was a little more obedient, not much though, he always shares his toys and smiles at anyone he passes. Jacob knows that he got that from Rieka.

"By the door" Abigail informed her mother and Julian nodded along, pointing towards the front door. 

"Remember, be on best behaviour" Rieka smile and ruffled Julian's hair, knowing that her children would be perfectly fine.

"But if you want to annoy John, just a little, feel free to do so" Jacob smiled at them, standing up beside Rieka. 

"Uncle John said that he has gifts!" Abigail smiled brightly. John is always spoiling the twins, not that Jacob or Rieka mind that much. Those twins could get anything they want from the youngest Seed brother.

"And Uncle Joseph is going to take us to the gardens!" Julian added, practically bouncing on his feet.

"And Aunt Faith said that she has a surprise too!" the little girl finished.

"Have a good time pups" Jacob shook his head before kneeling down, pressing a kiss to each of their foreheads. 

"We know you will" Rieka smiled and knelt down, kissing their heads softly before the two parents returned to their feet.

A sound of a car horn came from out side and the twins began to jump up and down with excitement. "Alright, come on, get your things" Rieka laughed at their behaviour and led them towards the front door, followed by Jacob. 

The twins put their coats on, with some assistance, and grabbed their small bags before Rieka and Jacob led them out of the door. As the four of them walked towards John's car, the two children smiled and waved at Jacob's men who always smiled and greeted them respectfully. 

John climbed out of the car and grinned down at the twins, who ran up to him. John chuckled before kneeling down and hugging the two children. "Ready for a weekend at the ranch?" John asked them, his grin matching theirs. They both nodded excitedly. 

"Thanks John" Rieka smiled as she watched her brother-in-law help her children into the back seats of his car.

"Not a problem, you know that I love them" he shrugged, finishing with securing them into their seats.

"See you Monday" Jacob nodded at John as the baptist climbed into the driver's seat of the car. 

"Don't have too much fun" John teased the couple before shutting his door. Jacob shook his had disapprovingly while Rieka chuckled, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

Rieka waved to her children as the car drove away. Once the car was out of sight, they both turned and walked back into the cabin. Jacob shut the door behind them and turned back to face Rieka, who was smiling in that shy and endearing way that she does.

"Come here" he almost growled, but she did as he said with no argument. Rieka stepped towards Jacob, allowing him to wrap an arm around her and pull her body flush against his. He ran his hand through her hair before cradling the back of her head, leaning down as their lips met and moved passionately together. Rieka's grip on Jacob's jacket tightened, trying to pull him any closer if it was even possible. 

She wrapped her arms around Jacob's neck as he slid a hand up the back of her shirt, laying his large palm flat against the soft skin on her back. He slowly walked her backwards, until she hit the table in the hallway. He swiftly picked her up and sat her on it, all without breaking away from the kiss. Jacob kept one hand on her back, pressing her against him, as he ran his other hand up her thigh. 

They both pulled apart, panting softly. "How about we continue this-" Jacob began to suggest.

"-after a nap?" Rieka finished his suggestion, knowing what he was going to say. He chuckled slightly as he nodded.

Jacob stepped away from her and lifted her down from the table, planting her feet on the floor. He took her hand and led her up the stairs. "Oh Jacob" Rieka said to get his attention, he looked back down at her to tell her to continue. "Happy anniversary" she smiled up at him, before looking down at the ring on her finger with a smile.

"Happy anniversary Little Red" Jacob smiled back down at her, kissing her quickly as they walked into their bedroom and shut the door.  

That's it...This is the end... 

Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting. I am so glad that people enjoy my work and if you want more...I have more! 

The first chapter for my John Seed story is up now! It's called "Devotion (John Seed)"!