Chapter 1

(Yes,this is certainly chapter 1 and I want to thank you for clicking on this book but before you proceed,I want to make some things clear.

This is a Nigerian book with foreign names and the reason is because it is my first book on Wattpad,no one told me. I was totally clueless and it's impossible to change it at this point.

A lot of people are complaining and I don't have strength to explain myself again. Thank you
Secondly, it's fast paced,that's how I write and I hope you appreciate it. On this note,you may proceed and do well to vote and leave a nice comment,thank you😘)

Stepping into the magnificent compound, I just knew I made the right choice by writing a scholarship exam into this school .

My 15 year old self wasn't so dumb like my aunty has always claimed.

The compound was beautiful and so huge,all the stories I heard about the school was indeed true.
Emperor High school was indeed the best.

I was lost however in the beauty of the scenery and I fed my eyes with the beautiful flowers that looked exotic.

I looked at the students filing in,some in groups, some in two's and some alone. The boys and girls were all in their well ironed uniform, blue and pink with a tie and only black shoes and am looking like some kind of Barbie in the uniform.

"Hey are you lost?" I heard a female ask,I turned and met the owner of the voice. She was beautiful,not too tall,light skinned with dreamy eyes. My eyes fell on her uniform, she looked good but needed more height.

"Good morning" I greeted politely trying to fake a sweet accent,in my former school I greeted casually but then this school is for the rich and I had to behave.

"Good morning dear,are you in Ss2?" she asked adjusting her backpack.

"Yeah and a science student" I replied.
"Am an art student" she said beaming. I already liked her as a friend, she just had this friendly vibe.

"Am Catherine Adams", I introduced

"Where are my manners?" She asked rhetorically " Vera Williams, nice to meet you" she said and she started walking towards one of the buildings and I followed her.

"So what's the name of your former school" she asked trying to start a conversion.

"Viviland Academy" I replied a bit fast. We soon arrived at my supposed class and we promised to see later.

"If you need any thing don't hesitate to let me know" she told me

I walked into the spacious class that was painted white,beautiful posters on the wall mainly about science.
My eyes fell on the whiteboard at the front too and then finally the class arrangement, three rows and there was enough space for easy movement.

I remembered vividly how I saw the poster of Chinos high school and fell in love with it but then that wicked aunt of mine wanted to stop me.

"Hey" a voice broke into my thoughts, I tore my gaze away from one of the posters and fixed my eyes on a very good looking dude.....am just admiring.

"Hi" I replied, smiling awkwardly. He was taller than me,his lips were red and he looked cool.

"Am Josh Kish" he said extending his hand for an handshake

"Catherine Adams" I replied and we both shook hands and Lord his hand was soft like that of a baby.

"So you are a new student right?" he asked.

"Well obviously" I replied smiling
"You are welcome" he said warmly.
"Thank you" I was all smiles, he really was cool.

"See you around later then, I want to see a friend" he said and excused himself.

Lord I just hope this school is not filled with cute boys like Josh,that's a whole lot of distraction. I prayed

***
Classes began in earnest and I stood up to introduce myself severally. The biology teacher was however very funny,tall and lean with full beards, he had a husk Igbo accent.

"Am I communicating?" He would ask at intervals.
"Yes sir" we would reply with some students stifling their laughter.

It was soon time for break and I went to the canteen and I found Vera my only friend for now,she was sitting at the end of the canteen which was just perfect. I bought fishpie and Fanta which I could afford and sat close to her.

We were munching silently before a boy walked into the canteen.

If I told you that Josh was cute well this guy was 10x cuter.

He was the true definition of a melanin god. His shirt was well tucked in. He had pink lips and walked with an aura of confidence and then he smiled and I saw his cute dimples,in fact he was one of those people created on Sunday.... Yup.

Our eyes met for a brief moment and he looked away immediately and that was when Vera tapped me.

"Catherine what are you looking at?" She asked "don't tell me you are already falling for him?"

I gave her a weird stare and she only smiled

"I was just pulling your legs,but his actually cute right?" She asked

"Yeah"

"His name is George. His dad owns the school and his kinda stuck up most times. He spends most of his times with beautiful girls not with people like me"

I noticed the hint of sadness in her voice

"What's that supposed to mean? My dear you are beautiful and I don't think anyone is flawless"

"But am not tall" she whispered

"You don't need to be tall before you are beautiful,I like you the way you are"

She gave me a weak smile and I smiled back

After I had my snack,I had to return the bottle and while I was on my way to the seller,Josh waved at me and I returned the gesture and funnily my eyes met George's

The bell went off that instant and I went back to class.

*******
So I deleted the other chapter it was kind of crappy, hope you like this❤