Raine Again

I walked in my house and shut the door quietly. Angel's mom had given me a ride home and it was pretty late. No lights were on. Either my parents were sleeping, or watching TV in their room. They knew about me going over to Kourtney's, Shianne's, and Angel's place for the assignment. And so did William.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and unlocked it long enough to get to my room. I can't see in the dark. I opened my door and turned on my light. The weekend was close. I dreaded every day of it. William was at his worst on the weekends. Three full days I stayed home. And usually, Mom and Dad left on the weekends. So you could imagine how, oh so fun my weekends were.

I never told my parents that William hurt me. One, they wouldn't believe me. And if they did, William would go balistic and make things worse than they already were. I grabbed clothes and went to the shower. I played music on my phone and made the shower quick. When I went back in my room, William was on my bed, looking around my room.

"Hey, sissy," he smiled and stood.

"What are you doing in here? You can't spare me for one night?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I would, but that'd be unlike me."

I sighed. "Make it quick."

He punched the side of my head, making me fall to the floor. Then he threw me on my bed. This was unlike him. I kicked weakly. I wasn't exactly trying, but William said it'd be longer if I didn't fight back. He never talked while he hit and kicked me. I guess he just found pleasure in seeing me getting hit. Lately, the abuse has been worse. Longer. Tomorrow was Friday and I was not looking foward to it.

William looked in my eyes and smirked. "I hope you like surprises, Raine. Because you're getting a huge one tomorrow."

He then left. I rolled on my stomach, put my face in my pillow, and screamed. I was so tired of this. I looked over at my phone. I could call the cops. Have him sent to jail. End this. But at the same time, I couldn't. My parents would say that I was being ridiculous. That there was no way that their only son could be abusive to his only little sister.

I could call my older sister, though.

Savanna. [AN: Savanna Marie Underwood, blonde hair, brown eyes, five foot nine, same parents as Raine and William, 21, born January 9th, 1991, oldest sister]

She'd believe me. Maybe. That was a 50-50 shot right there. Savanna was currently engaged. Or, so her Facebook status said. I had no idea to who. I guess her fiancee didn't have Facebook. More on that later. I sighed. I grabbed my phone and sent her a text.

Are you up?

I didn't expect her to reply. It was nearly midnight now. But when my phone buzzed, I was shocked. Savanna had texted back.

Yea. R u ok? Its late.

I was semi-happy. She was a good sister. Always concerned for others. I typed: No. William abuses me. I haven't told anyone. Mom and Dad probably won't believe me. I don't want to tell my friends. I need help. Please come home.

Of course I didn't send it. I just stared at it, wanting to hit send. But I erased it all and texted: Yeah, I'm fine. I just miss you.

She texted: Aw, I miss u 2! How bout I come home 4 a week?? I could introduce u guys 2 Cody. He's so sweet!! He has dark brown hair, green eyes, he's six foot two, 23, his parents are surgeons, and his bday is the same as Dad's. He's an only child. You guys will love him!

I smiled. Dad's birthday is July 21st. I texted back: That'd be great. Get here asap.

I fell asleep then.