Matthew Imagine for Kailey~First Dance

(Kailey's P.O.V.)

My mom kept telling me that it's okay to be nervous. I didn't think I'd ever be as nervous as this. Matt is taking me to my first dance. My dad showed me the steps but I feel like I will mess up! I will more than likely embarrass myself in a way not known to human. I am fixing my hair in the mirror when the doorbell rings.

I hear Mom answer it and I get extremely nervous. Mom tells him to wait just a moment and she calls my name. I take a deep breath and start down the stairs. About halfway down I hear Mom draw in a breath. Finally they come into sight. Mom has tears in her eyes and Matt had a huge smile on his face. I walk over to him and he hugs me and kisses me on the forehead.

"You look beautiful." He says. I feel really happy all of the sudden.

"You look very handsome." I smirk. My mom is so happy right now its actually kind of scarimg me. She pulls out a camera. Matt laughs about it which makes me smile but Mom knows I hate pictures. We pose for a few until we have to leave. I hug Mom and Matt kisses her hand. I go hug Dad and Matt shakes his hand. With that we leave to the dance.

~At The Dance~

Matt is holding my hand when we walk into the gym. All of my nervousness suddenly came back. He stands in front of me and takes both of my hands. I have my eyes locked on his.

"Listen boo, I know you're nervous but you don't have to be. Its fine. Now, would you like a drink?" He asks with a smile. I nod. "That's would be terrific." He kisses my cheek.

"Wait here, love." I am standing exactly where I was told when a bunch of girls came up to me. They probably came to ask about Matt, its typical. What catches me off gaurd is when they are all saying how beautiful I look. I thank them and Matt comes back. "Excuse me ladies, I must get to my date." They all leave us and Matt hands me my drink. We talk and just goof around for a little when Matt leaves. I start to worry because I have a feeling he left me for someone else. I am looking around when I hear Matt and I's song come on and then I spot Matt coming over to me. He has a big smile on his face.

"May I have this dance?" I nod and rest my hands on his shoulders. He lays his hands on my waist and I look into his eyes. They seem to have a special twinkle in them, tonight. We slowly sway to our song when Matt starts talking.

"You know, I've been waiting for this moment for forever," he tells me. I smile at him. "I knew that when we met, you were perfect. From the start, I've loved you. Everytime you smile, it brightens my day. I don't like it when people touch my hair but, I can make an exception with you. I know that, dancing with you, at this moment, is a big moment. Its where I say this," he waits for a little bit, then continues. "I love you." I smile so much it almost hurts. "I love you so much Kailey." I lay my head on his chest.

"I love you, too." I say. Those words seem right. " I love you too, Matt." And those words are even better. We stop dancing and he puts his finger under my chin, to tilt my head up. He leans down and we kiss. After the kiss, we go back to our soft swaying to the music. "I love you." He says again.