"Do all androids as so many personal questions or is it just you?" He pointed at me and gave a disgusted look. 

"I saw a photo of a child on your kitchen table.  It was your son, right?" I crossed my arms and Hank looked away, "Yeah...his name was Cole."

We both went silent, Hank obviously lost in his regrets.  "Before what?" I decided to break the silence.  Hank grunted, confused. 

"You said, "I used to come here a lot before."...before what?" My brows furrowed as Hank continued to stare out at Detroit across the Harbor.  "Before......before nothing." Hank sighed and took a long swig of his beer. 

I walked out closer to the edge of the harbor, looking out at Detroit. "We're not making any progress on this investigation. The deviants have nothing in common.  They're all different models produced at different times in different places." I let the wind and light snow hit my skin, built up frustration diminishing.  "Well there must be some link."

"The only connection is their obsession with RA9.  It's almost like some kind of...myth.  Something they invented that wasn't apart of their initial program." I scoffed and turned towards Hank. 

"Androids believing in God, fuck what is this world coming to." He took another long drink and sighed, looking up at me. 

"You seem preoccupied, Lieutenant.  Is it something to do with what happened back at the Eden Club?" I took a step closer to him. 

For the first time tonight, he looked me in the eye, "Those two girls, they just wanted to be together.  They really seemed...in love." His brows furrowed as his words progressed. 

"They can simulate human emotions, but they're machines; and machines don't feel anything."  Oddly, I hated saying those words, like my programming spoke for me.  What would Violet think?

"What about you Connor?" He set down his beer on the bench and stood up, "You look Human, sound Human, but what are you really?"

"I'm whatever you want me to be Lieutenant; your partner, a buddy to drink with, or just a machine designed to accomplish a task." Going neutral was the best way to go, I can't fight my programming and my mind. 

"You could have shot those two girls but you didn't, why didn't you shoot, Connor?" Hank pushed my shoulders aggressively, "Hmm? Some scruples suddenly enter your program?"

My programming was screaming in my head, "No! I just decided not to shoot, that's all.." I let out a breath and watched Hank. 

He backed up and pulled out his gun, pointing it at my head, "But are you afraid to die Connor?" Panic did fill my head, but I won't admit it.  "I would certainly find it regrettable to be...interrupted before I can finish the investigation." His eyes were wide, like he was interrogating me and watching my every move.  I kept a calm face. 

"What about the girl? Violet? If I pull this trigger right now, you can't tell me it wouldn't affect her." His eyes narrowed and he gripped the gun tighter. 

The memory of her telling me that not everyone would understand and be okay with me being replaced filled my mind, glitching around the edges with distorted audio.  Pushing the memory aside, I tried my best to sound firm, "I am nothing but an android, if this Connor dies CyberLife will replace me with a new Connor and give him my memories.  I've had this discussion with her..."

Hank scoffed, "Do you think she cares that you're practically immortal? I've seen the way she looks at you, android or not she doesn't seem to care.  Part of the reason I invited her to stay was because as soon as she showed up you started loosening up on this whole android thing.  She loves you Connor, and you're either stupid or ignorant if you say you don't as well."