Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Alysa-- One of the best people I know :)

I carried one of the heavy amps up to the elevator and punched the "UP" button. My best friends filed in behind me. Maddie was carrying her guitar, Kendall her bass, and Peggy her bass drum. Our roadie, Maggie, had a cart with the other amps and the remainder of the drums in a cart on the service elevator. We were on our way to record our first single.

"EEEEEEK! Alysa! I can't believe we are here! We are in Sony Music's recording studio about to record a single. That will be on iTunes. And the radio! PEOPLE WILL KNOW OUR NAMES!!!" Kendall screamed.

Sure I was happy that we finally made it. But I never wanted to be famous. All I have ever wanted wanted is a simple life, with a simple man. Being a 17 year old from a tiny town in the middle of Kansas, that dream seemed realistic. But Kendall, Peggy, and Maddie didn't want a simple life. They wanted to be rock stars. They wanted to have screaming fans and groupies and tour buses with caviar and goose liver patte in the fridge.

The doors opened and we all screamed. We stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall to a door on the right labeled "Recording Studio 3." We opened the door and saw the one and only Simon Cowell sitting inside.

"Welcome ladies of Gound Zero. Welcome to the studio! Basically just do your thing and have fun. Make me proud ladies!" he said and then walked out of the door.

We were left alone with our producers Jake and Henry. Maggie stumbled in the door with our amps. We set up in the small studio and started playing our song, "The Sun Always Shines." I loved that song. Kendall laid down a groove that was solid, yet stunning. Maddie joined in playing a series of chords that hummed with electric energy. Peggy pounded on the bass and snare, a simple beat. I counted out four measures and began singing. We performed for an hour and then the producers gave us a break. Peggy, Kendall, Maggie, and Maddie went down to ground level to go shopping. I walked down to the lounge room at the end of the hall. When I walked in I saw the five boys that had controlled my free time for the past two years.

"Hi!" I said

"Hi!" They replied.

Must. Not. Fangirl. I couldn't contain myself. But I had to. I grabbed a soda from the mini fridge and opened it with my teeth, like I always did.

"That's a cool trick," Harry said.

He walked over to the fridge and attempted to open a can of Mountain Dew with his teeth. It exploded all over his face and the boys and I snickered. Harry walked over the the loveseat I was sitting on and sat down right next to me. 

"Ya, I'm obviously not as talented as you." he said cheekily.

I laughed and looked into his eyes. I've seen countless pictures of those eyes but in person, they were breathtaking. They shimmered and shined and changed with every blink. The green reminded me of the sea. I remember going to California when I was six. I thought the ocean was the most amazing thing in the world.

We both blushed and looked at the ground.

"So, what brings you here?" Liam asked.

"I'm sing in a band. We're recording our first single today. It's an all girl group called Ground Zero." I replied.

"That's so cool." Harry said.

Then my phone buzzed, it was Henry telling me I needed to be back in the studio.

"It's my producer, I have to get back to the studio." I said.

"Wait, let me get your phone number. Maybe we could have coffee or something sometime." Harry said.

He handed his phone to me and I handed mine to him. We both took pictures of ourselves and entered our numbers into each other's phones. I walked back to the studio and saw the other girls lugging giant giant Jack Wills bags. 

"Why so smiley?" Kendall asked.

"No reason." I said.

We got back to recording for another two hours. Afterwards, I saw that Harry texted me asking when I got out. I replied "just did". I found him leaning against the wall outside. When he saw me his eyes lit up.

"Harry, this is Maddie, Kendall, Peggy, and Maddie. Guys, this is Harry." I said.

"Nice to meet you ladies," Harry said and grabbed my hand. "I'll give Alysa a ride home."

We walked down to the elevator ahead of the girls. They were frozen in aazement, their Jack Wills bags plopped on the ground.