My True Passion Combined With Compassion

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." This just about sums up my persona, and the way I journey through life. This famous quote by signifies the importance of empathy, inspiration, and motivation; and these are all areas, which I would like to promote to you via my blogs.

Welcome to my first blog on true passion combined with compassion. Now, you may be wondering whether there is actually a difference between those two words – passion and compassion. Well, in actual fact, there is a huge difference between them. The concept of passion is a strong, compelling emotion or feeling – a feeling of love, hate and desire. Compassion is the ability to show sympathy and concern for the misfortune or unhappiness of others.

Let me begin by introducing you to myself, and why I wish to write these blogs on motivation, compassion, and passion. My name is , and I have always been business-headed. From the ages of 16, I was reading business articles, and learning the art of business. I even started selling hockey cards – not a business I know, but obviously demonstrating sheer spirit and entrepreneurship!

Growing up, I had two passions. My first passion was hockey. I loved hockey, and although I loved the sport and was pretty good at it (if I do say so myself), I knew I would never be able to make a career out of it. My dream of joining the NHL faded, and I knew it wasn't meant to be. Instead, I focused all my time and energy on my second passion – the passion for business. Not only was business something I wished to pursue, but also knew that I wanted to make something of myself – to be successful, to be known, to make a difference!

When it comes to business, many businessmen focus entirely on money. For me, it is not how much I earn, but how much I could make a difference. Of course, money plays an important factor, and the fact that your hard work can earn you profit is obviously a plus. However, I love to make money knowing that I made it doing a worthwhile job.

A little more about me and business knowledge... I have built from the ground-up many businesses. I was the first and youngest entrepreneur to bring the 'Curves for Women' franchises in Canada. That to me was a huge achievement. The franchise became a 10 billion pound franchise in a time frame of just 10 years. 10 years! Can you believe it? It took McDonalds and Subway 25 years just to hit sales in that region! During my time as a successful businessman, I have written four books, which are all available to you via Amazon. Two of my books, networking to Wealth and Think, Act, Love, Lose Weight clearly emphasize my passion to help people like you to make the most out of their lives.

My love for passion and business blended together effectively in order to create my next movement in business. I knew that I wanted to put my stamp on the world and create a difference. Thus, I built my business and it became a huge success. With over 200,000 followers on twitter, I was able to inspire and motivate people from around the world. The response from this business interaction was incredible. The aim of my business was to get people to get people involved. Their job was to do one compassionate act a day and post it online. This proved to be a tremendous feat.

So, I launched a brand new company and called it Actions of Compassion. (read my full )

My next move was to start the Everyday Compassion Movement web series. I believed this was the perfect step to take Actions of Compassion to the next level. However, all businesses have setbacks, and this happened to me. What I thought to be a short-term project, turned into a project which took twice as long. But now I am happy to say, I am exactly where I wanted my original idea to be. We have created 32 compassion episodes, and I really believe this will inspire and motivate everyone who watches. Check out episode 012 of They Defray Compassion Movement Show.