Vivaah

“ Are you sure about this?I mean the Empress shall not have any problem with this?”

“No, she wont! She has a very progressive thinking. In fact she shall be very happy with this. Go! I have arranged accommodation for you in the Rani Niwas. And yes, keep a smile on your face! You are going to be a new bride tonight!” Arnav smiled putting his hand on Chandini's head.

Tarinii was devastated to see this scene. She was standing near the pillar, clutching it tightly. Hot tears ran down her rosy cheeks. She was staring at her husband talking to another woman, so lovingly!

He has never even talked to me so lovingly! She bit her nals in frustration. Wait! He has talked to me more lovingly than how he is talking to Chandini! What am I even thinking?

She saw Chandni bow her head and leave the room. Arnav started reading some manuscripts and arrangements, signing some legal orders after keeping his crown beside his bed.

Tarinii was having a double mind about  what should be her reaction to Arnav’s decision – Should she fulfil the duty of being an Empress by supporting his decision or should she satisfy her insecurity as his wife?

Remember you are now the Empress of Aaranya  before anything else!

She remembered what Arnav said to her during the coronation. As the empress, she should always think about the expansion and betterment of her estate. Suryapura would be a military and financial asset for Aaranya. And to take in Suryapura under them without respecting their traditions and customs was unethical. She couldn’t oppose this just because she couldn’t share her husband! She couldn’t be selfish here!

She came  ahead towards Arnav ‘s work desk.

“ Samraat...” Tarini hesitantly addressed him.

“Khushi, you are here! I was just about to ask for your presence. Glad, you came already. I need you to sign these documents…It is about the construction of water storage for the lower class.” He looked up to her and smiled.

“Yes...“ she bent down read the document, signed it and then gave it  back to  him.

"Do you want to tell me something, Samraat?" Tarinhi hoped he would at least tell her on his own that he was going to bring a co-wife for her.

“ Yes Khushi, get ready nicely. The marriage of the princess of Suryapura is tonight and we both shall be main witnesses for the occasion."  Arnav said casually.

“Main witnesses?"she asked confusedly.

“ Yes, as the Emperor and Empress of this kingdom.” Arnav said, shrugging his shoulders. He took a glass of water and sipped onto it.

“But... But how can you be a witness to your own marriage?" Tarini frowned in confusion.

Arnav spat out the water and  Tarinhi gasped seeing his  reaction.

“What! My marriage? With whom?  We both are marrying again?” he questioned her .

“No ..with Chandini …”she said meekly.

“What? Khushi, seriously? What agendas do you keep cooking in your mind!”

“You yourself announced that Chandni shall get married in Aaranya and marriage shall be tonight. ”

“Yes, I said that...But when did I say that I am marrying her?”

“ You didn’t exactly say that but when Chandni said that she has to marry you for you to acquire Suryapura...You agreed!”

“She is like a sister to me!” he said half frustrated half amused at his wife’s self made assumptions.

“You can marry your cousin sister! In some countries, people even marry their own siblings and step siblings.“She made an argument.