Chapter One Library Data

Library Data: Dating system.

The standard Imperial dating system is derived from the period of the Second Imperium. Sometimes known as the Rule of Man. When The Grand Admiral Hiroshi of the Solomani fleet took control of Capital/Core, the Imperial Navy fleet instantly sided with him. Showing carefully planning on his part. Hiroshi the First defined a standard 365 day year and a 24 hour day based on Terran norm. There are local variations due to different orbital and rotational periods in systems all over the Imperium. But the standard remains for Imperial Navy and Trading vessels.

Library data: Assiniboia

Assiniboia is a large gas giant that orbits Lusor, a hot F7V class main sequence star which is the primary star of the Regina System.. Assiniboia orbits elliptically, at an average distance of 240 million kilometres. It is about 80 000 km in diametre. From Regina, it would appear in the sky about twice as large as the moon appears from Terra and perhaps several times at bright. Gas giants emit quite a bit more radiation than they absorb. Gas Giants are composed mostly of hydrogen and hydrogen compounds methane, ammonia, surrounding a large probably metal rich planet. Conditions on the surface would be extreme and not capable of supporting life. The atmospheric pressure alone would instantly crush the best armoured starship available. Some Imperial scientists speculate that gas giants may support life within their atmosphere although thus far none has been found. Other scientists speculate that a gas giant has no stable surface instead the gases are compressed to the point where they form metallic hydrides.

Library data: compad

Compad is a handheld computer with more functionality and inbuilt memory than a comm. The size of a notepad the compad can provide holographic display. It can be used to store and modify large programs such as starship computer programs.

Library data: Comm.

Comm. is short for communicator, similar to a mobile phone with similar functions allowing for planet wide communication. A comm may be worn as a head set or as a small hand held or belt mounted device. A series of satellites in orbit around the highly technological planets of the Imperium allow communication to anywhere in the network. In frontier areas the range is limited to the range of the comm transmitter.

Library data: Hearbytes

Hearbytes are a quasi-religious group from a planet near Regina. They worship technology and are believed to have originated in the Lunion subsector in response to the presence of a Major race of humaniti known as the Darrians, a highly technological and cultural society within the Daryen subsector of the Spinward Marches.

Library data: HEPlaR

HEPlaR is an acronym for High Efficiency Plasma Recombusion. It is the main maneuver drive system of most interplanetary and starships in the Imperium. Heat generated by the ship's fusion power plant is efficiently transferred to a recombustion chamber. Hydrogen is added to the chamber, heated and released in a stream providing reaction mass for forward motion.

Library data: Jenna

Jenna is made from the seed of the Gumuuga plant a native of Fennec in the Deneb Sector. It can be prepared from the seeds as a mild stimulant and provides the user with an increased sense of awareness and energy boost.

Library data: msk

Derivation of the Solomani measure of distance called a metre. An msk or a 1000 m (ancient french). 5/8th of a mile (ancient American). The distance light travels through a vacuum in 1/(2.99792458 x 10^5) seconds. Also the distance light moves in a standard nitrogen oxygen atmosphere in zero point three recurring by ten to the minus five of a second. Also the time it takes sound to travel in 1.44 seconds through a standard nitrogen oxygen atmosphere. The msk is based on the length of the original platinum-iridium bar created in France during 1791 AD. This is 3832 years before the present date 1105 TI.

Library data: Regina

Regina, a rich world, with extensive ocean and terrestrial life has hundreds of millions of inhabitants and average stellar technology. Subsector Capital of the Regina subsector, the system was settled 75 TI by human explorers, and joined the Third Imperium in 250 TI. Regina is a moon of Assiniboia and orbits the gaseous giant at an average distance of 3.3 million msk. While on the star side of the gaseous giant Regina has a summer season. While on the other side of Assiniboia, Regina has a profound winter season. Climate control allows inhabitants to continue agriculture during this season. Regina has a 28 standard hour day-night cycle and orbits Assiniboia every 160 local days.