Chapter 11

"Cato! Cato!" I followed him into his room. He turned around to face me, he looked a bit angry. "What? What Clove?" I shrunk a bit, a bit scared. Cato softened and he looked at me. "Yes Clove?"

"W-what was with you and Glimmer?" "We're going to be lovers." I glared. "Fake of course. I love you, and Glimmer has her eye on someone else." I nodded. Glimmer could still like Marvel! Yes! I did a mini happy dance and then realized I was still with Cato. "Uh...." I ran to my room and giggled.

I went and picked out my clothes. Pale pink top with black pants. I put my hair into pigtails and went to the dining room, food hot and ready.

I was the first one there, Cassia being last. Today I sat between Cassia and Lica. Cato started talking about Glimmer for their 'amazing' plan. "Her eyes, they sparkle, her blonde hair like silk, her cheeks rosy. She is so beautiful and amazing. She's an amazing fighter."

Her eyes? Sparkle like her name. They don't even sparkle. They glimmer. Her hair? Tumbling, flicking her hair over her shoulder every five minutes. Her cheeks? They're flushed with too much pride and she boasts about her amazing talents. Beautiful? I have to admit, she is stunning. And amazing fighter? She's okay. She fights a little better than Rebecca Yellotail. That weakling back at 2. I could take Glimmer down in a couple of seconds.

I found all eyes on me and I realized I said that all out loud. I blushed furiously, Rowena raising an eyebrow. "Um.. I, I mean, sh-" I began, but Cassia interrupted. "It's okay sweetheart. It's ok."

There was a few silences after and I finished my dinner and everyone else did. "Dessert?" I asked and Rowena replied, "No." "Aww why not?" "Because, only the lower districts get dessert." Cato got up and grabbed dessert. "CATO! I SAID NO DESSERT!" Rowena yelled.

Later that night, Rowena was on the phone. "Effie, I'm sorry, but Cato had dessert." The person, Effie talked on the line. "Oh? I told Katniss and Peeta that they don't get dessert." "Well they did." Then the line went dead.

I sat alone in my bed, shivering, not wanting heat. I was too lazy to move, I was thinking to hard. Mason. Mason and Relia. They're probably looking at the stars right now. Holding hands, kissing.

I buried my head into my pillow and started to scream into it. I heard a voice at the door. "Quiet there!" A voice yelled. I figured it was Brutus. "You shut up Brutus!" The door opened and my jaw dropped.

"I'm so sorry Cato!" Cato say on my bed. "It's ok." His eyes were sad, as if he was thinking long and hard too. I crawled into his lap. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. I buried my face into his neck, seeking warmth. I found it, and Cato loosened up. "What have you been thinking about?" I asked. "Family. Friends. No being able to get out of here."

We sat together in silence, just holding each other, not mentioning anything. There was so much I wanted to tell him. About my family. Friends. Mason. Living outside the box. I soon fell asleep, not noticing it.

I had a dreadful sleep, with terrible nightmares. Losing Kat and Trevor, my mom when she passed, the reaping played over and over in my head.

I woke up with a sweat and I was lying in my bed, with my sleeping, comfortable clothes on. A white sweatshirt and grey sweatpants. Somebody changed me. And then I realized Cato wasn't beside me.

I ran to his room. There he was, talking in his sleep. "Gorgeous, no, no, no." He muttered. "Let go. C'mon. Let go." "No!" He yelled. He woke up with a start, pale, sweat beads on his forehead.

"Clove?" "Yeah?" "Come here." I walked slowly towards him. "Never leave my sight. I don't care what I will have to do, don't go away. Stay with me." I nodded, forcing a small smile. I sat there, and he kissed my forehead and cradled me in his big, defined arms.

I kissed him passionately, and slept again.

_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

Morning came and Cato was shaking me. "C'mon Clove, it's breakfast time, and I'm hungry." I groaned. He picked me up and put me over his shoulder and sat me next to him and Brutus. Both were stuffing their faces like idiots. My nose wrinkled and I ate my own food.

"Today's the day where you get your training scores. So I expect your best behavior and skills today." Rowena explained. Cato nodded. "Okay." I said.

After breakfast, Cato and I were ordered to go change. "Um Cato, did you undress me and dress me yesterday?" His face turned red. "Maybe." "Cato!" He laughed and I stuck my tongue out at him.

OOOOH TRAINING SCORES