The Love as a Picture

This short story was done for Round 2 of Fiction Awards hosted by  moonlightawards2k18. It was fun to do and for a strange reason I passed this round too XD

 It was fun to do and for a strange reason I passed this round too XD

This place, this museum, is so beautiful. There are many artifacts of the past displayed, adored by many. People walk, stop, and stare at them, talking about them and reading the text beneath.

There is an ancient vase that was found a few months ago. It is put on display for a short time before it moves to a research center. No visitor can miss this chance to see it.

The engraving is amazing, and the details are enchanting. Everybody is taking pictures, studying the text about this rare discovery. The vase is the star of this exhibition.

However, despite this, there is a pair of eyes that don't care. There is only one place they wish to stare. The brown eyes belong to a young man named Elijah, and they keep watching a girl named Bella.

She is on the other side of the hall. Her eyes are looking away from the Elijah, but he knows she is thinking about him.

They know each other for a long time, and they admit their love for each other. It's so strong they would love to jump into each other's arms, but they can't, for they are pictures on the walls.

They can only wait for the twilight river to connect them for one night before they have to separate for another year. Even if the wait is suffocating, the time they can spend together is more valuable than the vase.