Chapter Eleven

Peter POV

Today was the day. Loki was still working in the lab being half way done with the cure but needing more time while Tony was in the kitchen waiting for me. I put on my suit underneath my hoodie and sweatshirt and walked out to the kitchen.

"Kid you ready?" Tony asks as I walk into the room.

"Yeah. Did you upgrade the suit and how's Loki doing?" I asked trying to keep my mind off of what was about to go down.

"Loki says he is 80% done with the cure and I did upgrade my suit and made some modifications."

I nod and get myself some food before taking a seat on a stool. The Tower feels empty without the rest of the Avengers to amuse everyone. I quickly eat my food and start fidgeting with my web shooters.

"Hey kid?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you for going after Dr. Oc, it's just that I was really worried for you. I thought you would get killed," he said.

I looked up at him and could see in his eyes that he did regret what he said.

"It's okay, it was out of frustration besides I was being completely stupid anyways," I said smirking at him.

"Really you forgive me? Wow kid I'm impressed. Speaking of being stupid, how is your eye?" Tony asked looking at my face worriedly.

I felt up reached up at my eye and felt it. From what I could tell it was still super swollen and probably looked black too.

"It doesn't hurt, but the vision is a little blurry out his eye," I mumbled.

"Okay well tell me if you get blindsided again because you were super jumpy when you couldn't see who you were fighting, as anyone would be."

I smirked at him and gave him a run through of the plan for the thousandth time. We were still deep in conversation when Loki suddenly walked into the room.

"I have finished the cure," Loki said happily looking at me and Tony.

"That's awesome when can we give it to them?" I asked getting giddy again.

"Not until after we stop Dr. Octavius. If we give them the cure now the doctor could figure out some way to take over them again, and that wouldn't be good," Loki finished.

I nodded and looked at Tony for conformation.

"Antlers has a point. We will wait until we stop the doctor," he looked at his watch, "we have one hour. Better start heading over there."

I nodded and started following him to the car, Loki stood still.

"Loki come on we need to go," I said motioning for him to come to the elevator.

"I'm sorry Peter but I can not assist you in this battle," he said sadly.

"What? Why not!" I shouted getting nervous now.

"The doctor has already tried to control me, I fought it off. If I go out there in this weak state he will get me no doubt about it. I'm sorry Peter but for your safety I am locking myself in a cell," he said heading towards where the cells are.

"No Loki don't! Please!" I shouted when he didn't turn around.

I was about to run out of the elevator when I felt Tony wrap around my waist. I struggled but his grip never loosened until I was in the car and driving away from base.

"I'm sorry kid but we will see him again after the battle," Tony said breaking the silence that had fallen over us.

"Okay," I muttered trying not to break.