Chapter 20 - Vic's POV

"Hello, I'm here to visit Jocelyn." I approached the front desk of the hospital. I just couldn't believe this. My best friend almost died! I hate myself completely for not even visiting her once. Not even on her wedding night.

"Right down the hall and to your right." Replied the nurse in a monotone voice.

Damn is everyone dead here? I walked down the hallway with my dark red vans. I reached the room. Why was I the one shaking? I mean, I guess it's because I haven't seen her in almost 5 months. I reached for the doorknob and slowly turned it until I saw her lying on the hospital bed. Her eyes were closed and she seemed to be asleep. I headed in and closed the door slowly. She looks the same, still amazing. Even in a hospital bed. I walked up to her and grabbed her hand. Reminiscing. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Jack?" She opened her eyes fully to see that it was me. Wow, her eyes were still beautiful. "Vic?" She asked again. She remembers me. I stood there, speechless. What could I say?

"Hey, Jocelyn. How ya feeling? Better?" Wow, genius. She looked at me and smiled. I realized as she smiled, a tear fell down her cheek. "Why are you crying? Oh god, are you okay? Is anything hurting? Want me to call a doctor?!" I panicked.

"No, I'm fine... I just- you're back." She smiled "I thought you were mad at me, and that night you said you were never coming back near me. God, I missed you so much." I missed her, too. The night she told me she was getting married. That was when I flipped out. I kept telling her that Jack was no good for her. Jack's past. She kept saying she didn't care and a bunch of hurtful things. What hurt me most is that we were dating and she said on that night that she never cared. That's when I said I was never going to bother her every again. "Vic, I'm so sorry. I honestly don't know what I was saying that night. I cared. I care. I always will. You were my first love and nothing is ever going to change that."

It took a second to process that. Knowing she still cares and will always care let's me know that I'm not the only one. "Don't be sorry, I came back because I still care too. I missed you and I just- I guess I wanted to see you again. How's marriage?"

"It's good, you know? I mean, it's not the easiest thing.." She was silent. I knew she wanted to say more. I'm just afraid that I knew what she was going to say. "Uh- Jack- he..." That son of a bitch.

"Did he hit you? Jocelyn, I told you! Where the fuck is he?!" I got up and walked towards Jocelyn. She started crying.

"No! Vic! He didn't hit me!! He just got drunk and I left and I guess I fainted because it reminded me of-"

"Your dad." I finished her sentence. She looked at me with a nod and tear-filled eyes. "I-I wrote a song for you..." She looked up at me. "It's called hold on till may. I wrote it when we were kids, and you told me you wanted to die in the month of may because it was your dad's birthday. I thought you.. Would like to hear it?" She smiled and tears still going down he eyes. She nodded.

"Yes, I would love that." I handed her some headphones.

"It still has some fixing up to do, but the guys and I are working on it to perfect it." She slid the headphones on.

She sits up high, surrounded by the sun...