Chapter 3- Whoops

Mr. Baldi took you to his math room, opening the door to allow you to limp in first. He gestured you to have a seat. You sat down at your desk and winced as your cheek stung with absolute pain.

"Oh, Y/N, I'm so sorry I hit you earlier. I should've understood. You were only a few seconds late, and you are new. I should have let it slide." He mumbled, frowning and tilting his head to the floor.

You placed a comforting hand on his slumped shoulder. "Hey, Mr. Baldi, it's okay. I-"

He placed a hand on your hurt cheek. In a flash, his arms were wrapped around your waist and lifting you in the air, hugging you tightly. You gasped with shock at his sudden movement. You could feel his hot breath on your neck and it sent a shiver down your back. Your cheeks flushed pink.

"Y/N," he mumbled. "I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I yelled at you, I'm sorry I hit you, I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you from the bully."

You didn't say anything. Instead, you slid your arms around his waist as soon as he set you down. You dug your face in his chest and you could feel something.

Pat.

Pat.

It was Mr. Baldi's heart. You looked up at him to see him blushing fiercely. He stumbled back when you let go and crashed in his desk.

"Mr. Baldi! A-are you okay?!" You rushed over to him and stuck out a hand, him taking it quickly. You pulled him up too fast and he fell forward. He landed on top of you, making you both crash to the floor.

Baldi looked at you with a heavy blush. "I-i'm sorry, Y-Y/N."

You look in his eyes, full of embarrassment. "I-it's okay. C-can you g-get off m-me?" You asked with a nervous chuckle.

"O-of course!" He said, standing up and backing away, rubbing his head.

You began to head out. "Y/N, wait!" Baldi yelled out. You turned to see him walking towards you. "Thank you."

In a flash, his arms were around your waist and he was hugging you. A blush flashed across his cheeks and he set you down. "Alright," he said. "Go to lunch, then come back to work on some more math."

You nodded. "Yes, sir," you replied. "Thank you."

He waved you goodbye and you smiled at him. Closing the door behind you, you touched the spot on your cheek where he touched it. A smile crossed your face.