12.

Months went by and Neela had absolutely no nightmares, which she and Ryan were both thankful for. Neela believed that it was all thanks to the medication that Thalia prescribed to her. Neela finally looked to be lively. She gained back a little weight, now that she was able to eat properly. Thanks to healthy eating, her wounds are basically healed, except a few scars on her head and body.

When Ryan would go see her, he was able to visibly see genuine happiness in her light colored eyes. She's not broken anymore, was all he could think that night.

Evan, Ethan and all of the boys' father came a few days after the call took place. They wanted to be ahead on their work, they would be stay longer than expected. It's been years since the younger brothers have seen their father, so the encounter was awkward. "Boys," Damien walked through the door. His natural black hair allowed a few grey hairs to be visible. His tall and wide structure, however, was still impressive.

Sean walked over to his father and shook his hand. The cuts were healing nicely, they wouldn't stay longer than a month as their kind is able to heal very fast. "It's good to see you again, father."

"You boys do know that I wish to come around more often, but being in charge of the corporation is such a demanding job." He sighed while placing a hand over his heart. "Yes, father, we know. We understand." Landon smiles from behind Sean.

Damien looked over the house that he and his wife raised their five boys in; it did not change whatsoever. "Why don't you boys redecorate?" All of his sons exchange confused looks. They were hoping for help with Ryan, not looking for someone critiquing their home. "Well, father, we wanted to keep it the way mother left it. You know, to appease her."

"Yes, we'll talk about all that some other time." He paused to gaze at his sons, "Ryan, what's going on with you, son? I heard what happened." Ryan glares at his brothers, he should've known that's why his father came. "To be frank, I believe it's not your business. Actually, none of you should know what's going on." Can't have privacy in this house, though, right? Ryan thought to himself.

'Be respectful, you're lucky we came. You could've killed her.' Ryan's dark eyes peered up to see Ethan looking intensely at him. Ethan is an involuntary mute. He speaks through his powers. The whole family has the power of telepathy. "Ryan, I worry about you and that girl." Damien placed a hand on Ryan's shoulder, which made him snap out of his thoughts. "I really do. From what I heard, she seems like a beautiful and amazing girl."

Now Ryan glared at Caleb, he's the only one who knew what she looked like. The others only caught a glimpse of her on the news. "You don't get to say that about her." Ryan kept his head down.

"Ryan," Damien gathered his attention once again, "you have to be serious about this situation."

"Why?" Ryan snapped, "it's not like any of you people care! You people judge me for my curse, you judge me for falling in love! I can't fucking help it!"

"Language, son!" Damien yelled in his dominant voice, making all of his sons turn submissive. "You may not know this, but people were after your mother. Would you like to know why? Because she was a mortal when we first got together." All of the boys knew except Ryan and Caleb. "Who was after her?"

"People that don't like our kind mating with mortals, there were a lot of them. As soon as the news broke of us being together, we had to move every other week." Damien began to choke up, "we could never be comfortable, because I was protecting her. And she didn't know why we had to move so much."

"When I told her, it broke me. She was absolutely terrified of me. She wanted nothing to do with me. At the point, I had to call your uncles and that made the situation worse. A mortal surrounded by people like us, imagine the fear!" At this point, Damien threw his hands up, leaving the room for time to cool down.

A/N - I couldn't let a cut stop me lol. This chapter is very short and not edited, I just wanted to do a quick chapter filler,  (even though it's not really a filler)  but don't worry! It'll get better very soon! Very exciting things are in the woodworks, so stayed tuned.