1|| trying

The day of the sports festival, I walk into school, and head to my seat. Katsuki isn't here yet so I talk to Hagakure for what feels like the first time in forever. Besides us the room is empty and I wanna tell her all of my thoughts about Katsuki and everything that happened. Hell yeah it makes me feel like a second grader little girl, but I like the feeling. 

"Okay so," I whisper, even though nobody else is around to hear, "it's about Bakugou,"

"Oh my gosh y/n no."

"What?"

"I totally called it! And I thought you said that you didn't want a love life because of school," Hagakure points out.

"Okay I never said anything about it being a love life," I giggle at the sound of it. Katsuki. Love. A funny concept. 

I barely notice as some people start to take their seats, I only lower my voice so nobody else hears. 

"The giggles give it away," by the tone of her voice, I can tell she's rolling her eyes dramatically, and I can only laugh. "Besides you have other things to worry about right now,"

"Like what?" genuine confusion. 

"Uh duhhh, the sports festival? it's literally today.

"Oh damn, you're right," I laugh at my forgetfulness, how did I even manage to do that? "I literally hung out with Katsuki-kun to train for it, how did I forget?"

"I'm sorry, you what? Katsuki-kun? Y/N WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM?" she raises her voice, but only slightly. 

"well I was gonna tell you-" I start saying and stop when a very familiar voice starts yelling.

"WHAT'S UP FUCKERS?" 

I whip my head around really quick, I can't even believe he would say that. I burst out laughing as he walks over to where I am. 

"Katsuki, what the fuck?" I can actually hardly speak because I'm laughing so much and it starts to hurt my stomach. 

I hear a bunch of footsteps outside the classroom door, and Katsuki averts his gaze from me to the door. Without a word, he walks on over, so it catches my attention, too. I look over to see a bunch of people standing there, peering into our classroom. I immediately head over there, too, following Katsuki. He starts speaking to everyone about how they're here to check out the competition, and it's almost weird listening to him talk to someone else without screaming. 

"That's Kacchan in neutral," Midoriya mutters under his breath to himself. I pick up a conversation from it out of nowhere.

"Yeah it probably won't last long. Especially not today," I throw in a little laugh for good measure so he knows I'm joking. 

It's the first time I've actually spoken to Midoriya, which is weird because with the relationship he has with my dad you'd think I would've befriended him first. But I guess he's trying to keep his secret safe just like I am, which I respect. 

"Oh yeah, he's probably gonna go full psycho trying to rise to the top," Midoriya scratches the back of his neck and turns away from me even though I'm who he's speaking to. He laughs a bit but it sounds forced, and I hope that I'm not making him uncomfortable at all. It also might just be the subject of Katsuki, since they don't get along so great, which is understandable considering Katsuki's character.

"At least he makes it entertaining," I look back over to Katsuki, and look him up and down. He got me feelin some type-a way. 

After Aizawa sensei speaks to us, we're sent to change into our gym suits, then directed into a waiting room. The tension grows once Todoroki sends a war declaration to Midoriya. After, Todoroki stares over at me, as if what he just said applies to me as well, and I hold his glare. It fills me up slightly with confidence. I know Todoroki's strong, but I can beat him. I can. Or I'll embarrass myself trying.