10.) Pass Code PI

Song: Take a Bow by Rihanna

I send Leo a text as soon as I meet Pearl in the parking lot, but even when I reach home nearly an hour after battling traffic, I haven't received a response from him. As I walk through the door, my jaw drops. Laying on the couch asleep, wrapped up in a blanket and cuddled up to each other is my father and Janet. A grin spreads across my face. I guess they worked everything out. Now, let's see how long it takes for them to tell me.

I finally make it up to my room, and I smile as I see Leo fast asleep in my bed. He waited here for me all night? That's so sweet. I walk over to surprise him with a kiss to wake him up, but his phone buzzes on the side table, catching my attention. I glance over out of habit, and on his screen the name ' K. Brooks' flashes across. My eyes grow wide as I stare down to it. Why is he messaging Kaleb? My eyes switch back over to Leo real quick. He lets out a soft snore, still knocked out, so I carefully reach for the phone and slide the lock screen up.

"Shit," I whisper to myself, seeing that he has a pass code on it. I place the phone back onto the table quietly. "Leo," I say, shaking him awake. I'm going to have to be subtle about this. I can't just come out and say, Hey, so I looked at your phone while you were sleeping. Wassup?

He lets out a soft groan, stretching his arms up high to reveal his tanned, taught chest. I admire it for a moment until he smiles up to me. "I was worried about you."

I smile back. "I was fine. Nothing bad happened. He gave me some wine though, and I wasn't really thinking clearly enough to text."

I watch as Leo sits up a little, giving me a funny look. "You drank with him in his home?"

Nodding, I reply, "Yes, I didn't really realize how much I had drank until it was too late. I'm sorry."

He frowns, standing up to face me. "You have to stop scaring me like that, Love."

I wrap my arms around his chest. "I'm sorry, Leo. I'll really try to not do that next time. I did get some information though."

He pulls away, smiling down at me. "You did?"

"Yes," I reply, thinking of my next response carefully. "We haven't done anything to tip him off that I'm double teaming, right? There hasn't been any contact made between you or him, or him and my father? If we go forward with this part of his plan, and he knows that we are working behind his back, it could be dangerous for my dad."

He thinks for a moment and then shakes his head. "No, no contact with him. Your father and I's gangs don't associate with that side of town for the most part." Liar! How would he have Kaleb's contact saved in his phone if they don't speak with each other?

I hold back my anger, concealing it with a smile. I should really consider being an actress. That's not even a joke at this point. "Good. We should probably go wake my dad so that we can plan our next move to counter Kaleb's."

***

Leo, my father, and I sit around the table, debating on what we should do after I explain to them the plan that Leo has. I try to focus, but I can't stop glancing over to Leo and thinking of how he straight lied to my face, when just yesterday, he was professing his love for me. What is his deal? Do I really even know him?

"I really think that I need to skip the flight and stay here," my father says, crossing his arms over his chest.

Leo leans forward onto the table. "Mr. Wright, they're going to have people on the lookout to make sure that you left the country. There's no getting out of leaving."