0.20 Making Friends ✔

EDITED

PREVIOUSLY: IN WHICH SHE IS ASKED A QUESTION

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Wolf Moon,

Ellie decided that taking a drive through Beacon Hills would probably be a good idea. She and Allison didn't get to finish their tour the night before (almost accidentally killing someone puts a bit of a shadow over fun cousin bonding time), so venturing outside on her own seemed like a plan. Her cousin was already doing homework ("You're so lame, Al," Ellie scoffed, "Who does homework?") and refused to come out with her, so she just changed into something comfier (what she'd worn all day minus the bra), grabbed the keys to the Mazda and went for a drive.

The first thing she saw was the animal clinic, but she didn't think that would be very important. She was allergic to cat fur and she was terrified of dogs, so, unless she decided she wanted a chinchilla, the location of a vet was about as important to her as who was winning America's Next Top Model. That show was Allison's weakness not hers (though, admittedly, she'd watched it a few times).

Next it was the school, but she breezed past that like it wasn't even there. The six hours of hell she'd already endured there gave her no desire to wander through the parking lot - unless it was to break in and spray paint 'dick' on Harris' wall. Then there was the local supermarket, and the 24 hour Macy's (she had to convince herself not to go inside and take a look; she'd been coerced by Allison to let Lydia be the one to show her around that weekend).

It was when she was on her way home that she hit the dog. She was just driving, humming along to Rockstar by Nickelback and mentally flipping off the people that judged her music choices. The volume was too low, so she let her eyes flicker from the road in front of her to find the dial on the radio. A moment later, she heard a loud whine and her car bumped.

She braked immediately, horrified, and ran out of the car. She didn't like dogs, sure, but that didn't mean she wanted to kill one! Without thinking, or caring about the rain (seriously, was rain like an omen for hitting/almost hitting someone with your car, or something?) she gathered the canine up in arms, deposited him in the trunk of her car, and ran back round to the driver's seat.

It wasn't a smart move, considering, but all she could register was that she needed to get the animal to the clinic as soon as possible; contacting the owner was the least of her worries. Later, Ellie would question the decision a lot - the boot really wasn't the best place for an injured dog - and what would she have done if it died? Probably blame Allison.

When she got to the red brick building, she realised she was crying. Her hair had started to curl again, sticking uncomfortably to her face while she banged her fist on the window. Her head kept turning to the side to look back at the car ever few minutes, some part of her afraid the dog would get up and crawl away.

The door opened, and Ellie didn't recognise who it was at first. Through the haze of panic, all she saw was a vague silhouette looking at her in worry and slight discomfort - which was probably due to the fact she was blubbering like a new-born.

"I- I didn't see it," she said shakily, "This dog, it just - it came out of nowhere! I would never have - not on purpose - I need you to help me make sure it's okay - please let it be okay, oh God..."

"It's alright," the person soothed, "Do you remember where it happened? So I can send animal control to find it?" A hand found its way onto her shoulder, rubbing soothing circles that she could barely feel.

"No!" she shook her head frantically, "No, I mean, I know where it happened. Somewhere between the high school and Macy's, but that doesn't matter! It's in my car."