o n e

I know someone who might help you get the money.

   The sound of Jeonghan's voice echoed.

   Here's his number, his name is Seungcheol, but be careful so he doesn't hurt you.

   He remembers. Chan remembers meeting his sugar daddy for the first time. Being mesmerized by his looks, gestures and speaking manners. The reasons why he fell for Seungcheol were pretty clear, although the reason why they would break up was like a mere fog in his mind.

  Ah, Jeonghan...

   Chan now recalled said reason. The first time Seungcheol cheated on a party came to his mind. Entering in that bedroom and seeing Seungcheol with messy hair and clothes, standing in front of his best friend Jeonghan broke his heart. But Chan forgave him. Chan forgave him and after nearly killing himself, Seungcheol proposed. Chan did not have to think twice, his answer was a definite yes.

   But then there's a blank spot in his mind, like something he refused to remember. He saw two grooms holding hands, people cheering.

   Ah, I got married!

  Chan then concluded.

   But the faces of the grooms grew clearer in Chan's head.

  Why was Jeonghan standing, holding hands with his fiancé? Why were they looking so intensely into each others eyes? Why were their lips moving closer? No! They couldn't kiss! They wouldn't-

  And just then, Chan's eyes shot open, as if he had just died in the wildest, most ridiculous dream.

  For a couple seconds he thought he was in heaven: the bright lights, the silence, the predominance of white...

But the faint background beeps made him question where he actually was.

He sat up quickly and looked around.

A hospital room...

  More memories came flooding through, as he recalled the Han river. Right after the wedding, he couldn't take it. Chan threw away Seungcheol's ring, and followed right after, jumping off of the bridge, to be buried down below with the ring that now held an empty promise.

  The boy let a tear escape and roll down his cheek. He was useless to the point of not being able to kill himself. What is this? Deadpool?

   He stood up and ripped off the tubes connected to his body and walked to the bathroom, limping.

  Chan expected to see something awful, but to his surprise he just looked a little paler than usual, although he did feel like shit.

   He walked back to his bedroom and called the nurse, who came running.

  "Sir! You're up! You should not have ripped out the tubes though..." She cheered, trying to hurry him back to the bed, only to be shrugged off.

   "How long have I been out?" He asked.

   His voice came out weaker and lower than intended, making him caress his own throat with his fingers.

   "Three days sir."

   Three days...

  "How did I even get here?" He asked once again.

  "A passerby saw you about to jump and called the ambulance. He failed to grab you before you fell but a couple other people helped him get you out of the river." The nurse explained, carefully leading him back to the bed.

   Chan let the information wander in his mind before asking another question.

   "Have I... Have I received any visitors?" He asked expectantly.

  "Oh yes, this young man came by a lot." The nurse smiled as she looked through her files to check on the visitor's name.

  Chan's eyes were shining, and a smile appeared on his face expecting to hear the name he hated but loved oh so much.

  "Ah, Chwe Hansol! A very sweet kid, really cares about you."

  The boy's eye twitched, but the smile never left his lips.

   "Yes, seems to be the only one who does so." He answered.

   The nurse said something else Chan didn't bother to hear, before leaving him alone with his thoughts.

  "He will pay." Chan whispered, clenching his fist beside his waist.

"Yes, he will pay for making me suffer." He said niw, louder, his left eye twitching unconsciously.

  "Choi Seungcheol will pay for everything!" Chan yelled, clenching his fist so hard there was now blood dripping from his hands, coming from the cuts caused by his nails.

  "Seungcheol will regret the day he left me."