4

C_Karnstein: Hey, Cupcake, gimme your address

Carmilla had gone two weeks asking Laura questions about her favorite things. Favorite flowers and foods and movies. Favorite colors and TV shows and genres. She asked so many questions that Laura was shocked she hadn't run out of them. It would dodge between texts and phone calls. And today, the day of the date, it was Twitter. Carmilla was going to give Laura whiplash someday.

NearlyHeadlessHufflepuff: ...Why did you not just text me instead of using Twitter?

C_Karnstein: Because I'm on my computer! Now gimme the address!!

NearlyHeadlessHufflepuff: But WHY?!

C_Karnstein: BECAUSE. I. NEED. IT.

C_Karnstein: Come on! you're going to ruin it!

NearlyHeadlessHufflepuff: Fine!

Laura reluctantly typed in her address, unable to contain the grin taking over her face. Curious as to why Carmilla wanted her address so badly. They lived way too far apart, and it was far too soon for either of them to be making surprise visits. She wasn't so sure her father would be happy about a stranger appearing on their front porch. Laura wasn't so sure she'd be happy about it either.

Except, it was Carmilla.

C_Karnstein: Thanks, cutie

NearlyHeadlessHufflepuff: You want to tell me why you needed my address?

NearlyHeadlessHufflepuff: And why you couldn't just text my phone like a normal person

C_Karnstein: Nope

This girl was a headache. Laura just rolled her eyes and propped her feet up on the couch as she binged Lost Girl for the hundredth time. No matter how many times she saw it, Doccubus just pulled her in more and more.

"Honestly, how could anyone not see the love between those two? All respect to Dyson and Tamsin, but Lauren." Sherman spoke up from his spot in his favorite recliner.

"Finally! Someone that understands!" Laura fist bumped her father.

He was just as much into Lost Girl as Laura was. He was also into Doctor Who and Wynonna Earp. Laura had easily gotten him into Buffy the Vampire Slayer; and, he was already a Veronica Mars fan. He really connected with the father. How many people could say that their father had a guy crush on Doc Holiday, David Tenant, and Vex? It was unheard of!

"I mean, just look at Dyson! He's heartless!" Sherman slapped his own knee as he threw popcorn in his mouth with a loud laugh. "Get it, Laura! He's heartless!"

Carm: Okay. All done.

Carm: What are you doing? Watching more how-to lesbian sex videos?

Laura blushed; glad the couch arm was keeping her father oblivious to the conversation forming on his daughter's phone.

"Ha. Yeah. Funny, Dad." She responded absentmindedly.

Laura: Stevie has very informative content!

Laura: And no! I'm watching Lost Girl with my dad

Carm: Aw...and here I thought you were preparing to show me what you'd learned.

Carm: Gotta admit. I'm a little disappointed Cupcake

Laura gasped, nearly dropping her phone on the floor. She couldn't have this conversation in front of her father. Even if he didn't know what was going on.