32. Baptism

About six months after the babies where born, Joseph and John can convinced Rieka and Jacob to baptise the children. They both knew that they where going to have to do it at some point, John had been hinting about it for the last few weeks of the pregnancy.

The babies where doing great and their doctor assured them that they were developing at a healthy rate. They are both happy children, always babbling at their family, smiling and laughing when their parents walk into the room. Rieka had completely lost the baby weight now and was back to her regular self.

Jacob and Rieka both agreed that it was time to baptise them so they got the babies ready and climbed into the truck, after securing the children in their baby seats. Jacob has to admit that the babies were blemishing his tough, cold guy appearance but he managed to keep up his defences in front of his men. They still feared him and loved Rieka, they also seemed to worship their children.

The drove towards the river where the usual baptisms took place, they agreed to keep it private. Only the family would be attending, them and a small few of Joseph's most loyal and devoted followers to be witnesses.

The parents climbed out of the truck and carried their children towards the river, where Joseph, John and Faith were waiting. They all smiled when they saw them approaching. Of course they were not going to submerge the children in the water, they were simply performing their own version of a typical church baptism.

Jacob and Rieka stood on the edge of he river, holding a child each and allowing the water to gently wash over their feet. Joseph stood beside Jacob and Faith stood beside Rieka, while John stood in front of them with his book in hand.

"God sometimes takes us into troubled waters not to drown us but to cleanse us" John started the baptism, having everyone's attention. "The most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart, and you both will have your mother's heart. You can do all things through God who strengthens you, and you both will have your father's strength" he assured the children, smiling and speaking to them as if they understood his words. The children simply smiled back, always happy to be with their uncle John.

"In this family and in this world you will be cherished, for you are God's masterpieces created in faith to do good works which God prepared in advance for you to do. You two have so much potential and you will both do amazing things, that we are sure of" John stepped towards the children. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, and God has gifted us with two angels" the baptist finished before handing the book to Joseph.

The baptist dipped his hand into the river before running his wet thumb over the girl's head and then the boy's. "Abigail Grace Seed, Julian Miller Seed...welcome to Eden's Gate" he welcomed them into their faith as well as their family.

The family smiled at each other, savouring the moment. Joseph congratulated Jacob, Rieka, Abigail and Julian before walking over to his devoted followers. He would thank them all for coming and talk about the children. Since Joseph had claimed that Rieka was sent by God and his flock believed that she was an angel, it meant that they believed that the two children where the offspring of a divine being. They would worship them as they worship Joseph, he was not concerned with sharing the spotlight. He wanted his flock to love each member of the family equally, just as he did.

After a quick catch up, Jacob and Rieka returned to their cabin. They carried their children inside and sat down in the living room with them. The couple sat beside each other with a child on each of their laps, and Jacob's arm around Rieka's shoulders.

Rieka smiled at the babies and tickled them, making them laugh adorably. Rieka paused and looked up at the soldier when she felt his eyes on her. "Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked, blushing slightly when she met his intense gaze.

"Just thinking...about how lucky I am to have you and our little pups" Jacob shrugged, bouncing Julian up and down on his knee.

"Pups?" Rieka raised an eyebrow, laughing slightly. "I like it, it's kinda sweet" she shrugged, looking down at their 'pups' again with a smile.

"Don't call me sweet, I am not sweet" he scoffed and shook his head.

"I don't know Jake...I think that you might be going soft" Rieka teased. It was nice to see a softer side of him but she still loved him for the man that he was, a man who is rough and cold but knows when to stop being a soldier when he is meant to.

"Are you mocking me?" Jacob asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, just making an observation" she shrugged, smirking at his reaction.

"I see" Jacob hummed as he stood up, taking both children into his arms.

"Jacob, where are you going? I was only joking" Rieka asked as she stood up and followed him out of the room and up the stairs.

"I think that these two should get an early night, so I can get that ridiculous thought out of your head" he commented casually as he walked into Abigail's room and lay her down in the cot. Rieka walked over and tucked her in, kissing her forehead before following Jacob out of the room.

"What are you talking about?" she asked as Jacob lay Julian in the cot in his room before stroking his head and walking towards the door.

As he passed Rieka, he grabbed her hand and walked her out of the room. "Just be quiet" he laughed and shook his head at her curious and confused expression. She nodded slowly as he walked her into their bedroom.

As Rieka opened her mouth to talk again, she was stopped by Jacob spinning around and planting his lips on her's. She melted into the kiss instantly, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as he held her in place with his hands on the bottom of her ribs.

"Still seem pretty gentle for the big, scary, soldier man" Rieka whispered against his lips. He let out a low growl before hooking his hands under her knees and lifting her up, not bothering to pin her against the wall for support. Rieka grinned and wrapped her legs around his waist instinctively.

"So Goddamn perfect" he mumbled against her lips as he sat down on the end of the bed, allowing Rieka to straddle is lap. His hands glided up her thighs and gripped her waist firmly, earning a soft gasp from her when he flipped them over so that he was hovering above her.

Jacob pulled his face away from her for a moment, scanning her eyes and seeming to be deep in thought. Rieka was going to question him about it but she couldn't make any coherent words or sounds as he began trailing wet kisses and bites down her neck. Soon, the small incident was completely forgotten to her.