17 | Quian

E L L I E

Growing up, I've always fantasized about being a princess. I wanted the full-blown experience. My name would be princess Eliana Greeves—the modified, more sophisticated version of my name. I would live in a castle somewhere far off in the mountains, surrounded by nothing but a valley of flowers and trees.

But most importantly, I'd dress in the most elegant of gowns embroidered in diamonds tailored with the finest fabric in the market.

I'd waltz down my glass stairs, hands clad in silk gloves as they ran across my slicked-back hair. A top of my head would sit a diamond crown moulded by the most delicate of hands. And beneath those stairs, my prince charming of the Netherlands would await my arrival with a sweet dimpled smile at my service.

"Hurry and get your asses down the stairs! You guys are taking forever!"

But, alas, it was only a fairytale dream. In reality, my name is unfortunately Ellie Green. I'm wearing a simple purple dress that stopped just above my knees. Around my waist was a tightly wrapped bow to keep the two ends of the dress intact. With that, I matched them with a pair of white strapped five-inch heels and a white cross-body bag.

I had on a gold chain and watch which was gifted to me by my father's friend on my birthday last year. And down the stairs, awaiting me were two idiots who did not know the back of their hand from their ass and a dimpled smiling boy who I've started to like.

Maybe my reality isn't as bad as I made it out to be.

But it sure as hell isn't a princess fairytale.

"What time is our reservations?" Lizzie asked as she padded down the stairs beside me. Xavier peered down at his silver watch and swore under his breath, "we're supposed to be there ten minutes ago." He said. Truthfully, I was already done dressing seeing as I planned out my outfit ahead of time.

But Lizzie was not sure what to wear seeing as she brought five different outfits. I knew Alec and Stewart would berate her for taking long so I stayed back to take the heat with her. "Was it that outfit that made you take so long? Mediocre at best." Alec scoffed as he eyed Lizzie up and down in disapproval.

She scoffed, "yeah? Say's the guy wearing a silk blue dress shirt and white jeans, ya basic bitch!" She fired back, ignoring his sad attempt at inflating his already deflated ego. She sauntered out of the door whilst apologizing to Xavier for making us late.

He reassured her that it was fine and ushered us out of the house one by one. When we made it outside, we all climbed into the van and went on our way. "Ya know, aren't you like rich? Why aren't we going to this dinner in a limo?" Lizzie inquired as she tugged at the hem of her dress.

"You ungrateful brat. He should make you walk all the way."

"No, I should walk on your face to shut your mouth."

"You two are insufferable," Stewart sighed in distress as he turned his attention to his video game. I ignored the two bickering fools in the back and turned to Xavier whose attention was focused on the road. I was quite surprised at his outfit choice tonight considering how he usually dresses.

He wore a pair of dark grey tailored pants, a black turtle neck and a brown trench coat paired with white sneakers. So don't blame me when I'm staring like a creep. Although the style is drastically different from his day-to-day dressing choice, he still looked incredibly handsome.

"Why are you staring?" He whispered as he tilted his head towards me quickly before diverting his eyes back to the road.

I blushed deeply but decided to play along. I leaned forward, "because you look handsome," I whispered back. His grip on the steering wheel tightened and I watched in silence as his adam's apple bobbed up then fell back down. He pursed his lips tightly but in the end, lost against the curve of his mouth.