Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Elder Charles was standing there with an impatient look while the Elementals were sitting down on the grass. They were all talking well except for one person. Duke was looking in my direction. I look away from him.

I hated people who played with people's hearts. It's just sick and wrong.

"Milady," Charlie said taking my hand and kissing it.

"Elder Charles" I replied.

"I'll be going off now. Guys, please treat Milady with respect." He said with a stern look towards the Elementals.

Fay was laying down on the grass with a scowl on her face.

"Eww. What is she doing here?" She snorted with disgust.

"Well, Elder Charles has an important meeting to go to so he asked me to come and train you guys." I said politely even though my gut was plotting to kill her or make her shut up for once.

"You guys better behave. I have to fly off now." He said before giving a peck on my forehead.

"Thanks. How about dinner later?"

"Sure if you're not busy." As he scurried off.

Duke was staring at me.

"Are you together?" Fay asked her.

"Maybe. I don't feel like telling you." I said while shrugging.

"So what do you guys usually do in training." I asked wanting to know what they actually do.

"Fighting, running, push-ups bah bah." She said waving her hand around.

"Ok then run 50 laps on the track and do 50 push-ups after that." I smirked.

They all groan except for Duke.

"Do you want 100 laps and 100 push-ups then since you guys are complaining?" I asked innocently.

"No! No, thanks. I rather to 50 than 100." Mike said.

"Is that so?" I said.

"Let's make it a race then. The last 3 people to complete this task gets to do 25 more push-ups." I said smirking.

Their training is so much easier than mine which was unfair. I had to do 150 every day.

I laugh mentally inside my head. The person who will come first will have a surprise in store for them and I'm pretty sure I know who will come first.

"Oh, this is going to be exciting. I bet I can beat you this time Duke." Jeffery said with a smug look.

Duke just snorted.

"Yeah right. Duke always beats you in everything." Mike stated. Oblivious to the glare that Jeffery was sending him.

We all walk towards the track. I was walking behind the 3 of them when Duke grabs hold of my wrist causing my insides to curl from the warmth.

"And what do you think you are doing, young man?" I said trying to sound older.

"Your skin is cold. Why is that?" He asked looking into my eyes.

Damn.

"Maybe it's the weather since its autumn? but either way does it matter?" I said trying to show no emotion.

" mmhmm" He said.

"You can take your hand off me now or else I'll tell Elder Charlie." I snarled.

"Is Elder Charles your boyfriend or something?" He asked with a deadly tone.

"What's it to you?" I asked with the same tone.

"Nothing." He snapped.

He lets it go and walks off to join the others.

That bastard.

I watched as they all started running. Duke was ahead of everyone. I mentally smirk. You're going to get a surprise if you keep it up.

Fay was trailing behind all of them while Mike was trying to catch up to Jeffery who was directly behind Duke.

5 minutes later

At the end, Duke was first, Mike and Jeffery got tied for second and Fay was last. No surprise there. They were all panting except for Duke.

I was curious. Why was Duke so different from the rest.

"Duke since you finished first you get a gift," I said out loud.

"No fair!!" Fay shouted it as she kicks the grass and was about to throw another tantrum. Oh god, help me.

"Oh, I'm sure you don't want this gift, Fay," I said causing her to look at me weirdly.

"Why?" she asked.

"You'll see." I said.

I walked very close to him. It almost looked like I was going to kiss his mask. I whispered into his ear "Duke. Your present is...."

"Another 50 laps and 50 push ups!"

He doesn't say anything and starts running. What's wrong with this guy?

The others look at Duke who started running again. Then Jeffery finally got the idea of the gift.

"Ohhhhh I get it!! You're an awesome teacher whatever your name is? (facepalm) Mr. Emotionless gets to do another 50 laps." He said smiling.

When I'm around this kid I really wanted to facepalm.

"And we can get ice cream while he runs," I said.

"Yay!" They all shouted while high-fiving each other.

I look at Duke whose expression didn't change. He didn't even complain. He just kept running. I frown.

While we got ice-cream, he did what I told him to do and walked past by us heading straight for his room. Why?

Why can't I not understand him?