ch.8

~Percy's p.o.v.~

Three old ladies appeared out of nowhere.

"Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon, Hestia, Artemis, Hera, Apollo, Persephone and Hades. You have the strength and power of an Olympian god. We will bless you, and you shall become one. We Fates have chosen this, and you cannot say otherwise.'' The first grandma said.

"Perseus Jackson shall be the Olympian God of loyalty, family love, trust and power. Your domains are everything ever created. You will be more powerful than any immortal.''
Second grandma said.

That was the beginning of my mental break down.

"You can win against a fight with all twelve Olympian gods. You can be king, but first you must fulfil your destiny. You must hide your identity as a god, and lead camp half-blood.''
The third grandma said, and started chanting in a language even older than ancient Greek.

No no no no no. They haven't given me a choice on this, and frankly, I DON'T WANT THIS!!! WHERE THE HELL DID THE WORD 'CONSENT' GO IN YOUR DICTIONARY!!!!

Was what I wanted to yell at their faces.

I'm sixteen, nearly seventeen for gods' sake! I can't shoulder that!!!

When it had finished, I held a staff with symbols and runes engraved into it's hilt. It was a simple design but nice. It was perfectly balanced and somehow I knew that if I squeezed it, it will turn into a sword, if I pull on it, it will turn into a bow and arrow, and if I twisted it, it will turn into a ring.

Okay. this I can tolerate. Just a fancy stick. It's all great. Great and fine. Breathe Percy. Breathe.... I told myself, then I felt it. The dam wings.

With a golden flash the ladies vanished, and that was also when I started yelling my voice out.

"Idon'twantthis!Whowouldwantthis!?Forgodssake!DidIwanttobecomeaGod?No.DidIasktobecomeaGod?No.Didtheyaskformypermission?NO!!!ForHEL'sSAKE!" Was a brief summery, just for those who wanted content. Excuse my French.

After a few hours, I gave up. Those grandmas are the fates. What word do I have against them, even if I'm their future king or whatever... So I vapour travelled to Olympus and found the Olympian Council celebrating. What a fucking brilliant time to be celebrating... Breathe.... Percy...Breathe...

"Typhon got scared of our powers and left. But sadly, our most talented hero has died.'' Zeus announced. Mother and Mom were crying, Hestia and Persephone looked really tired, Dad and Father seemed to have aged 10 years, and all of them had bags under their eyes.

"Umm, uncle, I have returned.'' I said awkwardly, double checking that all my godly attributes had gone.

Hera, Artemis, Persephone and Hestia all rushed up and hugged me, kissing my forehead. Apollo and Hades simply looked proud and relieved, but each gave me a loving squeeze, nearly suffocating me each time.

"Did you kill Kronos?'' Mother asked. Worry lines etched onto her face.

"Yes I did, but now, for some reason I have his power over time. Also, my family has increased.'' Zeus raised his eyebrow at the first part, yet my family knew better, and I could hear their voices in my head, asking for answers; something my family has been able to do for some time, but I ignored them, gesturing that I would explain later.

"When I went training, I went to Alaska to use my power over ice. There I met Khione, who became my adoptive sister.'' Ah holy blue cookies... Khione's going to release all of hell on me isn't she... I shivered at the distant memory of me promising to message her to tell her I was safe.