A Teenage Dream Ch.5 One More Problem

Ch.5

At the movies (Monday Night).....

I got to the movie theater early. We were going to watch "Eat, Pray, Love." I was sitting outside on the bench when Jake walked over.

"Hey," he said. I smiled. I noticed that he looked worried.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to tell you something important." He sat down next to me. I knew that this couldn't be good. He started talking really fast.

"Look, I know you have a lot on your plate with Darren and all, and I'm probably not going to make this any better, and you might hate me too. I just have to get this off my chest, and that's probably going to make me a really bad person and friend but-" he stopped short and in one swift move, he-he-he......he kissed me!

I felt his soft lips press against mine. He smelled like a bakery. I felt his hands resting on my waist. My hands moved to his shoulders. It was weird because my hands had just moved to his shoulders by themselves. I got this weird feeling in my stomach. It was the same feeling I had whenever I was around Darren. Darren! I had forgotten about him! What if the others saw us! I pulled away.

"Look, Jake. You know how I feel about Darren and-"

"I know, you love him and you're in a really tough situation, but I just have to ask you one thing. Do you have any feelings for me what-so-ever?"

"Jake, if I told you no," I saw him look away. "I would be lying. The truth is that you're really nice and sweet. But my heart would be divided. Especially since me and Darren never got a chance. And you deserve better than that. You deserve a girl who would love you and only you. Do you get what I'm saying Jakey?"

"Yeah. But I don't think that I'll ever be able to love someone as much as I love you. I always have cared for you. I just never had the guts to tell you and now it's too late. Anyway I just want you to remember that no matter what happens, I will always be there for you and I will always love you." His words broke my heart. I felt like such an awful person. Just then, everyone else arrived.

"Oh my gosh!!!" Angie exclaimed as she came up running to me.

"Gad is coming back from London tomorrow!!!!" Gad had to go to London because his great-grandma has been diagnosed with cancer.

"Oh, that's great!" I replied. I had known Gad almost as long as I had known Jake.

"Looks like you've finally started coming early." Willy said. I looked to my left and accidentally caught Darren's eye. He smiled at me and winked. He looked so cute when he did that. He had just come from Canada and he probably hadn't realized what he had gotten himself into. I felt guilty about kissing Jake, but it's not like I kissed him, he kissed me.

15 minutes later.....

We were waiting for the movie to begin. Cole, Emanuel, Willy, Jake, and Julie went to get popcorn and drinks for everyone. I was sitting in a seat pretending to be doing something on my phone. The girls were standing a couple of seats away and I could hear what they were saying.

"I'm a little worried about Addie." Abbey said. Then they all started whispering and I couldn't make out what they were saying. Darren came up and sat down next to me.

"Hey."

"Hey," I replied and looked away. I didn't really feel like talking to him right now.

"What's wrong?" I just shook my head and looked down. He gave me this concerned look and walked up to the girls.

"What's wrong with Addie? She isn't talking to me."

"Really? Well that's what we're trying to figure out." Caitlin said.

"Anyway, I heard your Julie's new boyfriend." Angie said.

"Wait-What? I'm not-"

"Angie! You weren't supposed to say anything!" Delilah scolded.

"Whoa.whoa, whoa. Let's back for a minute. I'm not into Julie. What gave you guys that idea?" Abbey told him what happened. He had a confused look on his face. After she finished, Darren told them about his bad habit of nodding and smiling.

"Well, what are we going to do now?" Caitlin asked.

"It's all my fault. I'm so stupid." Darren said.

"Well can't you just pretend for a little bit then break it to her gently?" Delilah asked.

"No, I can't. I don't want to hurt her feelings and I like someone else." he mumbled.

"What? Who do you like?" Angie asked. At that moment, I crossed my fingers and held my breath, hoping that it was me. He put his hand on the back of his neck and looked sadly in my direction. I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"OMG! We should have known! It all makes sense now. The mall, the stomachache, and everything!" Abbey said.

"Wait, what?" Darren asked.

"The thing is, that, well, we think that-" Caitlin started.

"-she feels the same way!" Delilah finished. He looked over at me and smiled. I looked at my phone and tried not to blush.