1

i snuck down the steps from my room to watch what my mother and father were up to.

i hate what they did. i always have. the marks on their forearms had always induced fear to brew in my heart.

i watched them strike a boy my age, over and over, until they noticed my presence.

"alecius, welcome."
"perfect timing dear."
"please, would you like to do the honors."

people around the room greeted me, my head spun in circles whenever i made eye
contact with the boy.

they were forcing me to kill him. they wanted me to end his life, right then and there for the dark lord.

i stood there with my wand pointed at him, the death eaters around me, chanting and cheering.

i felt my eyes cloud over, and i realized i wouldn't be able to do it.

i grabbed the brown-haired boy's collar, and whispered in his ear, making sure no one would understand what i was saying.

"where do you live?"
"i-i won't tell you." he stuttered.
"i'm trying to help you." i said through my teeth, as quietly as possible.
he didn't answer.
"your town! what's it called?!"
"l-london!" he replied.

i quickly apparated us to the middle of london, the boy was whimpering in fear.

his head swung in every direction possible, he looked incredibly confused. he backed away from me slowly, and began running in the opposite direction.

i sighed, brought myself back to the house, and regretted that decision the second i got back.

"an embarrassment. that's what you are." my mother growled the minute she laid eyes on me. i felt as though the room was closing in on me.

i was being scolded by everyone in the room. my father grabbed me by my hair, and dragged me up the stairs, cursing me on the way.

i felt trapped. there was only one way out of this now.

"you're a failure alecius. a failure! we expected more from you, and instead you show this... this mercy! for a boy you don't even know!" he shouted. his green eyes pierced through me like blades.

over and over, his wand shot violent spells towards my the surface of my skin. it was terribly painful, and i didn't know how much longer i can tolerate it.

"get off of me." i whispered. fire brewed from beneath my heart. my eyes narrowed, i gulped at the look on his face, but backed down for nothing. "how dare you talk to your father like that!" his hand, inches away from my face, halted at the grasp of my wands power.

"you are not my father!" i growled.

his body flung into the air like a rag doll. when his body hit the floor he whimpered, "alecius, you put down that wand this instant!" fear loomed through his eyes.

"i don't reciprocate to you, you loathsome disgrace of a wizard! i hate you!" i screamed.

my fingers tightened around the neck of my wand.