Chapter 11: Good

Camila POV

"When did you get that, Velle?"

She looked confused at first but when she found out that I was talking the tattoo on her wrist, her eyes immediately gleamed.

"Ah! This is my boyfriend's initials - VAC. He can't be with me for this lifetime anymore but he is the only one I've ever loved and still love. He died because of lupus and I'm just trying to live the rest of my life reliving his memories, like helping those who had the same disease as him. Damo helped me with finding charities." she said sweetly.

Velle has always been kind to me. To think that I have gotten jealous of her over such a petty thing. Tss... I am still a little bit immature, after all. I need to stop overreacting and overcomplicating things next time.

"By the way, you and Dame are close na, ha? You have something you're not telling me?" Velle teased.

I looked away from her, trying to stop my cheeks from blushing before she went on rambling. I think it's a Filipino thing like that, where they get excited all the time when it's all about love and stuff. I ultimately found this much more evident back in the mainland.

Although it is not the first time I'll stay until closing hours alone and have to make sure everything in the clinic is locked down, Damien got very worried.

"What? You walked by yourself home alone that late?" he hissed.

"Yeah." I nodded, like it's no big deal.

His jaw clenched as he let out a small sigh. He looked at me frustratingly.

"Well, there's no way I'm letting you walk alone this late, then. I'll be in my office doing some readings until you finish your thing." he assured.

I rolled my eyes at him. He's overreacting! If it was in the Philippines, I certainly would be scared to walk alone at night just with the amount of crimes at catcallers there but it's kind of different here. There's polices everywhere and there' even CCTV cameras on the streets so I feel a bit safer walking at night. It's rare to have bunch of people still outside their houses during this time as well.

After making sure the front door and back door were locked and securing some important paper works, I went to his office. As expected, he was doing some readings and reports. I noticed that for the past few days, it's his turn to become even busier in his training for his specialty.

"You done?" he greeted.

I smiled at him and nodded. Because of the heater inside his office, I didn't feel the need to wear my blazer. I put it beside one of his one-seater couch. I was about to seat there before I heard a hiss from him.

"Don't tell me you're seating there. Come here." he said in a demanding voice.

I scoffed at his demand but went anyway. With only a few inches away from him, he grabbed both of my hands and used it to pull me into his lap. He caged me with his big arms immediately. Damien kissed my forehead, inhaling my scent.

"I'm thinking... maybe I should hire you as my personal assistant instead."

I chuckled as I lightly hit him on his chest. He's being ridiculous and all clingy.

"You're crazy! You're barely even in the clinic. What am I gonna do as your assistant then, huh." I softly said, looking at his dreamy eyes and touching his chiselled jaw.

With a cocky expression on his face, his eyebrows raised at me.

"Who knows..." he murmured before he attacked my lips.