What's worse is that it wasn't the first time I got the cold shoulder from P'. He had been acting different the last few times I saw him before then.

Why did he start ignoring me? Was it something I did? I know I got on his nerves but he never really minded. (Well I'd liked to think so.  I would see him smile when he thought I wasn't looking.) I only saw him like once or twice a month. He tolerated my pestering, so why the change? These questions started to come back to me. Things I wondered for years, and finally let go.

It could have been his friend that started accompanying him. (I never bothered remembering his name.) Did he feel embarrassed of me? I wanted to ask him. But after that day he never showed up anywhere I went. I looked for him at any event or party. Sneaking away from my parents. Hoping to see his dimples and dark brown hair somewhere in the crowd. I wondered if he moved out of the country, and prayed it wasn't me that he was specifically avoiding.

Was it because of that incident? As a child I never came up with this conclusion. I was just a sad that my friend didn't want to hang out with me anymore. But maybe... Well I guess I will just have to ask him if I ever get the chance.

Last night... That guy... it had to be him

I was arguing with my mother when I saw him. She wasn't listening to any of my pleas. My father was talking nonsense. Why would he care about my relationship with Moowan? I didn't see how my love life was any of his business. I made it pretty clear in the car that we were no longer an item. There was no way I was EVER going to go back to her after what she did. Sure my heart still stung when I saw her, it's not as easy as I thought getting over a broken heart... but I wasn't going to return to that pain. That would make me desperate and just plain out stupid.

My discussion was starting to disturb the peace at the party, but I didn't give a damn. I was bloody furious and upset. That's when I stopped and noticed a pair of dark brown eyes staring directly at me. He wasn't too far from where I stood. Other people were also staring at us, but he.... He looked at me different. I can't explain what it was about him. I have never had someone look at me that way before. Based off his facial expression he looked extremely concerned, but there was something else in his eyes that captured my own and refused to let me go.

Who was he?

His face tense the moment he noticed I wasn't looking away from him, and returned his gaze. I saw panic flash across his face but the shorter man never looked away from me. If anything the emotions behind his eyes intensified.

Does he know me? Why would he show me such caring expression? He looks vaguely familiar but from where? I'd think I would remember someone as cute as this guy. He was about as adorable as Yo, and he was shorter then him from what I could tell. I was so lost in his eyes I didn't notice anything else around me. He shifted his gaze first, and I turned to look at what caused him alarm. It was my father making the most absurd announcement I had ever heard in my life.

Everything became hazy after that. I heard cheering and clapping. People came up to me congratulating me. I was too in shock to reply. I made my way to the bar and drank my fill of beer for the night. It didn't help.

It was all too much to take in. I felt I couldn't breathe. Like the air in the entire room was crushing me. I had to get out of the building, I walked outside to get some air before I lost it. I wanted to punch my father in front of all those so-called important people.

I heard a person mumbling to himself and looked to my right side. It was the same guy as earlier. He looked upset. I got closer to him, and noticed something I hadn't before. Was that a dimple? It only showed up on his face for a second but it definitely was. It couldn't be... could it?