Are They Watching The Same Game As Me?

What?! What are they going on about? I mean are they even watching the same game as me? Just because these pundits used to play football doesn't mean they really understand it. They were just told what to do, if they really understood the game tactically they would be successful managers by now. Maybe it is because they are biased from a players point of view, they used to bend the rules on the pitch so don't really understand them.

Blatant penalty they said, that was never a penalty. If two players run near each other and one falls over it doesn't make it a foul. Too many players dive these days, and rather than defending it by saying it is part of the game the powers that be should do something to stop it.

Also they keep banging on about how good the home team is just because they had a lot of possession. It is not how often you have the ball it is what you do with it and my team have had better chances. They have defended well and been tactically better. Apparently their star player is having an off day. No he’s not, our centre backs are marshalling him everywhere and stopping him getting more than two touches at a time.

What about that foul, two feet with studs up is a sending off no matter where it happens. You can’t have one rule for one and another rule for another. Sometimes their incessant drivel just makes me want to turn off. And the clichés, how many times can one person say that “football is a game of two halves at the end of the day” during forty-five minutes? In fact that is two clichés in one. It is as if they are given a football commentators dictionary and have to fit as many comments in as they can. Do you think they get paid by the cliché?

You know what is annoying me the most, my team are always lucky according to these pundits. Well we have kept a clean sheet against three of the top five this season and we have a clean sheet so far today too, doesn’t that mean we have a good defence? I can tell you there was nothing ‘last ditch’ about any of those performances.

Pay me half the money these guys get and I will tell you twice as much and what I tell you will be right. At this present moment in time I don’t agree with a single thing any of them have said.

I think I’ll put the TV on mute for the second half and have the radio commentary on instead!