thirty-three

"Is this going to work?" Zhou Rui leaned in to Shuzhen's ear as he fixes the skirt he was wearing.

"It will if you stop sticking to me so close," Shuzhen said, pushing him away.

"Anything wrong, dear?" Liu Wei asked as one of the twins was busy looking at some watches.

Shuzhen shook her head, "I was just hungry that's all,"

"Then we'll eat!" Zhou Rui claps his hands while he exclaims in the highest note possible. It's hard being a girl.

Yuntian, or Yunyi at this point was busy checking his phone, "Come on, gege, is it that hard to lock all of them up?"

"Yuntian!" Liu Wei called out. "We're having lunch. Let's go!"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Yuntian's laughter filled the room, "You think you can get away with this?"

Yanchen shrugged, "We've come this far, so why lose hope?"

"You'll never catch up! They're leaving this afternoon!"

"Zimo," Ruibin tapped Zimo's shoulder who was busy looking at the newspaper articles that were plastered on the wall. "Liu Wei is taking Shuzhen to Macau. Their flight leaves in four hours. I think he's letting the two marry there instead."

Peiyao gasped, "Wow, Ruibin! You got all that from what Yuntian said?"

"No, I read it in this journal," Ruibin showed them a brown notebook, "It states all their plans here. Even how their house would look like."

"It was a very tiring life, you know? Living with Yunyi," Yuntian suddenly brought up a story.

"Why are you bringing this up now?" Peiyao questions, looking at Yuntian who stopped struggling in the chair.

"I'm just saying, you guys trusted the wrong person." Yuntian points out. "Yunyi was the one who told me to switch places. If I'm an asshole because of what I did to Shuzhen, then what do you call Yunyi who lost his mind and almost killed his ex-girlfriend?"

Ruibin tilts his head, "What's worse than an asshole?"

"You know how to hit two birds with one stone but you're forgetting the third bird that had just gotten his wings attached,"

"Stop sprouting nonsense, Yuntian! And spill it out!" Yanchen exclaimed, getting impatient.

"Liu Wei has a gun and only Yunyi knows how to use it," Yuntian explains further. "Once he gives a go signal, he's going to grab the gun together with Shuzhen. Zhu Yunyi doesn't care who he kills in the process as long as he gets what he wants."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"What is this?!" Liu Wei exclaimed walking backwards.

"Give it up, Liu Wei," Liang Hui exclaimed, standing behind a police, "We've got you cornered!"

Liu Wei, "W-what the -"

"Zhu Yunyi!" A scream was heard from behind them. Yunyi turned around and found his ex-girlfriend's parents standing there with the dad holding a gun.

"Wait," Shuzhen pushed him back, "You're Yunyi?! That means you were a spy!"

"Shuzhen - let me explain,"

"Explain what?! I trusted you, Yunyi! You even saved me," Shuzhen muttered, realizing something for herself. "You - you set this up. You switched places with your brother so that you can have me all to yourself,"

Yunyi massaged his forehead as he looked at his father raising his hands in defense, "Dad, you look like a prey being cornered by hyenas."

"Yunyi, you were always the smart one indeed," Liu Wei comments, not looking back at him.

However, Yunyi still got the signal as he swiftly took the gun from his dad's pocket as he trapped Shuzhen in his arms, "Move and I'll shoot her!"

"No!" Yilong said, motioning to the police standing beside him. They were also holding their guns, pointing at Yunyi. "If you shoot, he kills. I - I can't lose my sister again."

"Then what are we supposed to do? Wait for his hands to tire out?" The head of the police asked dumbfoundedly as he looked at Shuzhen who was struggling to break free.

Yilong looked towards Xingjie for help. Xingjie walked towards them, "Officer, maybe we could -"

"No," The officer said in a serious tone. "I appreciate all the things you did for helping us find Liu Wei, but we'll take it from here."

In that moment, no one was expecting the outcome. No one knew what would happen next and no one knew who was in the mall.

A tall lanky guy was creeping up behind Yunyi as he held Shuzhen tightly in his arms.

He promised to stay behind but he was too stubborn to listen. He wanted to keep his jiejie safe. He wanted to save her.

But what he doesn't know was someone from above was already holding a rifle gun, ready to shoot whoever shoots Liu Wei or Yunyi firsts.

BANG!

The loud thud was heard as the male fell on the floor. Yunyi flinched, noticing how quick the bullet was. He turned around and found his lifeless body on the floor.

"Yunyi!" Liu Wei called for them to escape but the police were quick. They held Liu Wei's wrists as Yunyi tried to take the other route out but was blocked by the police as well.

Shuzhen couldn't believe the sight she was seeing. How could she let this happen? She kneeled down, putting his head on her lap, "Please... don't give up on me."

Her tears already falling out of her eyes as she held his hand, squeezing it, "Y-yankai, stay strong."

"Jie..jie.." Yankai coughed out some blood. "I finally became a hero, like Zimo-ge,"

Shuzhen saw his eyes slowly closing as she called out for Xingjie and Zhou Rui who were quickly walking towards them.

"No, no, Yankai, open your eyes!" Shuzhen called out, panic already rising in her voice as the crowd made a way for the medics. "P-please, please save him."