Chapter 5: It's nothing

Rachel's POV
I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I really didn't feel like going to school that day but I didn't have a choice. I tried sitting up. Keyword being 'tried'. I felt really sore from yesterday's beating. I decided that maybe a shower could help my sore muscles relax a bit. I stripped and entered the shower letting the hot water run down my body. I thought about how my life turned out to be so miserable, however, I couldn't help but think about the few friends I made in such a short period. Maybe they could help me. 'No, who am I kidding? No one can help me.' That's what I thought back then and honestly I had every right to.

I finally got out of the shower and looked at myself in the mirror. I noticed a huge red mark on my face the size of a hand, his hand to be exact. I slipped on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a plain white v-neck shirt and a dark blue flannel to cover my bruised arm. I was tying the shoelace of my white converse when I heard the sound of the front door slam shut and felt myself relax a little. I took this opportunity and went to my mother's bedroom in search of some make up to cover my face with. As you can see I'm not one for make up and I never really needed it to cover any of my bruises because my father never did anything to my face as everyone could see it. He went for places that were covered like my stomach, legs and arms. Afterall, he didn't want to risk being exposed because that could get him in prison.

After searching for sometime, I finally found some foundation and applied it to my face. I glanced at the clock and realized that I was going to be late, so I hurried back to my room, grabbed my bag and ran out of the front door in order to catch the bus. I barely made it to school on time and as I approached my locker, I found Garfield leaning on it.

"I'm seriously not in the mood for you today Garfield." I told him and wished he would take the hint.

"Well, good morning to you too Rae." He replied with a stupid smile on his face.

"I told you not to call me Rae." I replied with a glare.

"Oh but I love to call you Rae. Anyway, there is this party that Victor is throwing and I was wondering if you wanted to come." He offered me with hope in his eyes.

"I don't do parties and now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be late for class." I replied while shutting my locker and walking around him to go to my class.

"Oh Rae, come on. I promise you'll have fun." He said all whiny.

"Garfield I said no." I replied finally and walked away, but it looked like he wasn't backing down.

He tried grabbing my shoulder but grabbed the flannel instead causing it to fall off my shoulder and show a part of my arm. At first, I didn't think of it much but then I noticed he was staring at my now uncovered arm. Shit. The bruise.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked concerned "Rachel, what's that?"

"It's nothing." I said too quickly.

"What do you mean it's nothing? It's clearly a bruise. What happened to you?" He asked with a concerned yet determined glint in his eyes.

"Uhh... I just accidentally bumped my arm on my... bedside table when I woke up this morning. It's really nothing you should worry yourself about. Now if you don't mind, I'll be going to class." I came up with a quick excuse and hoped he bought it then rushed from infront of him and to my class. That was close. Really close.
———————
AN: Short chapter. I know. I'll try to make it longer next time and shout out to my bestfriend SalmaAhmed657 I miss you❤️