Part 20

A/N; Is the story boring to you guys? I'm trying to add interesting events & better character development (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  The food is delicious! Who would've guessed he could cook like this?!
  "This is amazing Tris." I say.
"Thanks."

I look over at him and see him trying his best to hide a smile. He's been like this ever since his sister mentioned something excited he used to do.

"Okay! Put your plates in the dishwasher and get in my car." Ava announces. We all comply but before I could step out the door Tris stops me.

"Hold on, come with me." he says. I follow him into his bedroom but stop when he enters his closet. He throws me an oversized jacket and sunglasses. "You'll need these unless you want your picture on the front cover of tabloids."

Absolutely not. I can't risk my 'mother' seeing it and knowing my location.

"Thanks." I say. "About earlier.."
"Not now, we've got to go."
  "I've never seen you this excited."

He's already rushing out of his room with me following behind him. He doesn't respond just grabs my arm and drags me towards the car. I like seeing him like this.
   I ignore the flashes of cameras and the constant calling of Tris and Ava's names. As we get closer to the car I see Brooklyn walking towards the house. I get out of Tris's grasp, rush over to Brooklyn, then drag her into the car without any explanation.

"Wait! I didn't even get to eat anything!" she complains.
  "Should've came on time, let's go!"

Jace, Brooklyn, and I are in the back seat while Ava sits in the passenger side and Tris drives.

"How long is this drive?" I ask as he backs the car up.
   "Little over an hour." Ava says.
"Goddammit."
    "What's wrong?"

"She hates long drives." Tris answers. He looks at me through the rear view mirror then smirks. "I won't make it that long though."
   "Um, what does he mean?" Brooklyn questions.

"Fasten your seat belts." Ava responds.
   "Shit." Jace curses.

But I'm not focused on his driving..
he remembered.
~•~•~•~•~•~
He didn't lie about the destination time. We arrived a little below an hour as he said we would. He did speed his way to get here but I didn't complain once unlike Brooklyn who continued to nag about it the whole way here.

  "So what is this place anyway?" Brooklyn asks.
"Our favorite way to pass the time. Welcome to the race track!"
   "What?! You mean you drove like a mad man all the way here to drive fast again!"

"Brooklyn calm down, it wasn't that bad." I say.
"Wasn't that bad? I could have lost my life today!"
"But you didn't, have a drink or something."

I'm sure she'll give me an ear full later but for right now I want to enjoy this. I've never been to a race track before!

"I rented out the whole place for today. A little congratulations present for my little bro!" Ava says excitedly.
    "How?" Tris asks.
"Gave them a name and a price." she shrugs.

We walk in and I'm at a loss for words. It's huge! I clutch his jacket tighter and bite my lower lip. So this is what got him all excited. He loves fast things.

"Hello, you must be Ava and this must be your brother Tristan. Pleasure to meet you two." a short, dark haired man says.

"Hello Mr. Bronson it's a pleasure to meet you too. I've brought a couple of friends with me, they're new to all this." Ava says.
   "Oh I could go over the basics if you-"

"No need, we've got this." Tris interrupts. "Come on Joslyn. I'm assuming you'll show Jace, Ava?"
   "Of course. Then we'll have a double race."
"You're on."
     "Are you going to drive Brooklyn?" Ava ask.
"Hell no!"

Tris walks towards a large open garage and I follow closely behind. Inside is a vast number of race cars.
"Woah.."

  "You said you're interested in me, let's start here. I love fast things but you might have known that already." as he talks I walk around the large garage. "Anything fast, dangerous, risky I love it. Dammit I love the rush. Pick a car."
     "Me?"
"You're the only one here right now." he says while smirking. He's leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.
      "Smart ass. Okay um.. this one." I point to a sexy red and black one.

"Why that one?" he ask.
   "Because red and black are you're favorite colors."
"You picked a beauty."

He walks over to the car and runs his hand against the hood.
"Grab two helmets from over there then go ask that man for some racing gear."
    "You know a please wouldn't hurt."
"You'd look pretty hot in a racing gear, don't make me beg to see that Joslyn." he says seductively.
     "Flattering but I still need a please."
"Please piccola mia."
     "Sure thing Tris."

I grab two helmets and give it to Tris then go ask the man for racing gear. I get a small for myself and a large for Tris both in black. Once I get back to him he's already inspecting the car's engine.
   "Here you go."
"Thanks go change in the bathroom." he says.
    "What about you?"
"I'll change here unless you care to join me and change here too?"
     "Nice try." I laugh.
"Don't take too long, I've got to show you the basics."
     "Okay!"

I rush over to the nearest bathroom and change into the racing gear. The clothes are tight yet comfortable.
I'll look hot in this, huh?
I run over to him and see he's already dressed and ready to go. He points out where everything is and how similar and different it is to a normal car.

  "Are you ready?"
"Ready for what?" I ask.

He grabs one of the helmets and puts it on me.
"Ready for your first race of course! I'll be driving though so I have a very important question for you. Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Joslyn, I'm being serious. Anytime you race on those tracks you're risking your life so I'm going to ask you again. Do you trust me with you're life?"

Do I trust him with my life?

"Yes."

"I was right, you know. You're very hot in that outfit. Now get in that beauty and let's go!" he slaps my ass then gets inside the car. I walk over to the passenger side and watch him put on his helmet and gloves. This will be fun!