[3] HELLO AGAIN, OLD FRIEND

After hours of reminiscing with Debbie in Josie's, the time rolled around for Lizzy to depart

Jade of the Orient wasn't hard to get to, the cab driver pointed her in the right direction after Liz sparked a conversation about the meeting point.

"I'll drive you down Pasture Road. You can't miss it, it's a nice little joint - food's really good. Me and the wife went for our 33rd anniversary." The driver made idle chat with Lizzy, she politely nodded along. Pasture Road was where her old school was, it was familiar to her.
"You lived in Derry long? I grew up here." She hadn't seen his face before and Derry was a relatively small town. When she was younger she could practically connect names almost everyone's face whether she'd actually spoken to them or not.

"Nah, moved here with the wife around five years ago. Thought it'd be a nice change of scenery from New York. Especially seeing as all our kids have left the nest." He laughed lightly, Liz' brow furrowed.

"Derry of all places? It's rather obscure is it not?" She politely inquired further, most people had never heard of the town let alone its infamous neighbour Castle Rock.

"That's how I like it. Quiet town life. The obscurer the better." He softly laughed again. Lizzy got the impression he was a very cheery man who probably played board games or fished or performed some other mundane hobby in his spare time. His wife was probably the stereotypical loving grandmother in a Hallmark movie.

"Keep the change." She handed him a fifty-dollar bill. The man wasn't like most people that lived in Derry, he was much kinder and knew how to smile. The singer was lucky enough to have disposable cash, something that couldn't be said for others. Liz was feeling rather generous today, not intentionally, but why not? She was expecting to be dead by the end of the week. Perhaps even by the end of the night.

'JADE OF THE ORIENT' illuminated the parking lot, standing out nicely in the darkness.
The building was tackily decorated with neons, leftover remnants of the 80's impact on Derry. However, it seemed to emit a warmth like no other, and not just because it was designed that way. Fish tanks lining the walls seemed to welcome its customers in to the ornately designed restaurant. Her stomach fluttered in anticipation from knowing she was about to see the faces she had been dreaming about for the past few years. The hostess greeted her with a smile as Lizzy simply asked, "Table for Hanlon?" The woman nodded, still not dropping the smile while replying, "The other guests were expecting you, follow me." Lizzy clutched her purse even tighter, she really didn't know quite what to expect herself. These people she barely remembered yet held so close to her heart. Who were they? Why had they really all been brought back?

When she turned the corner, she was met with a group of adults, all of them seemingly around 40 years old and laughing in unison at something someone had just said. Their eyes quickly made their way to the new figure that had just entered the room, giving her a good look at them all.