Chapter 1 That Dark, Dark Hair

[A/N 1.20.21 -- Hello! Katie (they/them) here! It's been years since I've been on Wattpad, but today I logged on and was so touched to see that so many people are still enjoying this silly story I wrote way back in 2012. As you read, you might notice some mistakes--grammatical, factual, etc. Some of the references are super dated; a lot has changed since 2012! As I reread this story today, a lot of the romantic scenes struck me as a little unrealistic or forced, and you might feel the same way. This is the case because I had never dated anyone when I wrote this! And, more importantly, in the years since I wrote this fanfic, I've realized that I'm a lesbian! I've gone on to write lots of fun gay stories, and they feel much more genuine.

This story is filled with clichés and mistakes and strange plot twists, but it served such an important role in my development as a writer, and I really enjoyed writing it. I'm going to keep it up even though I'm no longer on Wattpad since people are still reading it. 

Thanks for reading! Love, Katie]

Hi everybody! This is my first story on Wattpad, so go easy on me. My apologies in advance for any typing or One Direction mistakes I make. I'm still pretty new at all of this. If you have any suggestions for me, let me know! I'd love to hear your opinion. (Sorry if I don't sound very British when it comes to the boys in the future. I live in the U.S., so it's hard to be something you're not sometimes. ;D)

(By the way: This story is copyrighted. I, obviously, do not own One Direction or any other famous person in this story. I did, however make up the rest of the characters. Please do not copy any of my work. Thanks!!)

Love,

K <3

This chapter is dedicated to one of my bestest friends ever, Hayley! She convinced me that I had a good story going, and that the first chapter wasn't stupid. :D I hope you agree with her!

Better Than Before

Chapter 1

Claudia's POV

"Claud! Look at this!" My best friend Abigal Swenson said, shoving a poster in my face.

I moved my head back and sighed, seeing yet another poster of One Direction. "Hasn't J-14 ever heard of All Time Low?"

"All Time EW!" Was Abby's brilliant comeback.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Seriously though. Look at them."

I looked at the poster. "All Time Low is hotter."

"In what universe?"

"This one, obviously."

"No one is hotter than One Direction. You just can't reach that level of perfection. It's impossible."

"All Time Low, Austin Mahone, Big Time Rush, The Jonas Brothers, Cody Simpson, Justin Bieber.."

"What?"

"They're all hotter than One Direction."

Abby gaped at me. "The Jonas Brothers. Big Time Rush. Justin Bieber. You are delusional."

"I don't think so."

"Have you seen them? They're so amazing. Take Zayn- Oh my God, Zayn- for instance. His perfectly tanned skin, his big brown eyes, and, oh, that dark, dark hair." She looked at me, with my tan skin, brown eyes, and dark, dark hair.

I breathed in and out, calming myself. She annoyed me to death when she got like this. She didn't need to know how upset this subject made me.

"Really, don't you just see me with him?" She held up a poster of him next to her face.

"Sure."

"We'd be the hottest couple in Hollywood. We would get married and you could be my Maid of Honor!"

"Yay," I said through gritted teeth, willing myself not to scream, or cry, or both.

"Tell me he's not just the sweetest, most compassionate boy ever."

"Oh my God Abby! He's NOT!" I screamed, burying my face in my knees as a few tears slipped from my eyes.

*****************************************************************

Okay thank you so much for reading this. I know it's pretty short. I'm still trying to figure everything out. I'll probably have another update tomorrow, depending on the results of this one. Please vote, become a fan, and comment!

Love, K <3