5- Out of control

For the next few months Harlow had been receiving radiation treatments, and at her latest checkup they found out that the cancer had spread again, Dr. Walters explained to them that the radiation was not working, and that they also discovered that she had a rare form of aggressive breast cancer, still being at stage four. Antonio and Harlow were devastated to hear about the prognosis "So what now?" Antonio asked, choking up.

"Well... we never tried chemotherapy, we could try that, it would be our best option. Or she could even try some clinical trials that are out there. But I must warn you, the more we try different things on her, it could do more damage than good, if it comes down to it, we can order hospice care for her. They can make her feel more comfortable, and still be able to enjoy life. Whatever you decide to do, is totally up to you." Dr. Walters explained while taking his glasses off. He pinched the bridge of his nose, hating to tell her how things were looking for her.

"I need some time to decide what I would like to do." Harlow says sadly, she stood up and looked over at Antonio "I need some fresh air."

She left the room, leaving Antonio with Dr. Walters. Antonio looked over at the doctor after Harlow left the room, taking in a deep breath, trying to figure out the right words to the question he was about to ask him. "Can you be honest with me?"

"I can be, if I know the answer... which I have a feeling to what you're about to ask."

"How much time do we have left with her?" he asked, with hesitation.

"Honestly... about six months, the cancer is spreading fast... faster than I'd like to see it, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, you've done what you could, as well as Dr. Jacobson." he says, running his fingers through his hair.

Hearing how much time he had left with her made his heart drop, he then stood up trying to hold back from breaking down, and shook the doctor's hand. "Thank you, we will be in touch."

Antonio left the room, inhaling deep through his nose, wiping away the tears that were starting to form. He walked outside looking for Harlow, and found her standing at the side of the building. "Ready to go home?" he asked her softly, he placed his hand on the small of her back and walked her to their car.

The ride home was quiet, when they got home, Harlow walked past Sadie and the girls without saying a word, and went straight to her room, slamming the door.

"What's wrong with mommy?" Gabriella asked, sounding scared.

Antonio walked over to her, picking her up. "Mommy needs to rest, she wants to be alone for a little bit." he says, kissing her cheek.

Sadie was sitting down on the floor and stood up, and walked towards Antonio. "I take that it didn't go so well?" she asked quietly so the girls wouldn't hear.

Antonio put his hand on Sadie's shoulder guiding her over to the kitchen. "No, it didn't go well at all, the radiation isn't working and the cancer has spread." he says sitting down at the breakfast bar. He started to tear up, and rested his elbows on the counter leaning his head down, and rested his hands on the back of his head, while clasping his fingers together.

With his head down he mumbled. "There's more..." he says, pausing to breathe. Feeling as if he were about to hyperventilate. "Harlow doesn't know it yet, but the doctor didn't give her much time."

Sadie stood there listening to him, she didn't know what to say to him. Over the last couple months, she had developed some feelings for him, but hid it well. She felt sorry for him, and knew he was having a hard time dealing with Harlow's cancer. "Not much time?" she questioned.