Chapter 2-Heelshire Mansion

Emma POV

After I had breakfast, I waited for the cab that was called for me by Mr. Heelshire. The cab finally came for me and the cabbie placed my bags into the car. I had him the address and we drive away. I see the city of London drifting further away from me as I head to the Heelshire mansion. My phone starts ringing and it's Glenn. I immediately hang up and call my sister. "Hey, sis." She answers. "Why is Glenn calling me? How did he get my number?" My sister sighed and said, "He hired an investigator. They have authority to find whatever, especially if you get a new number." I sigh deeply and I reply, "I can block him on my phone. Anyway, I'm on my way to the job. I already texted you the address and I texted Mom too. I hope that this family pays me a lot because I need it. I want to make my life here and be away from everything at home. I miss you so much." "I know. I miss you too, Emma. This is the way that this has to be for a while until you get enough money." I look up and see that we are approaching the gate. "Hey, I'm here already. I'll call you later. Love you." She replies, "I love you too." The cabbie drives around to the front and parks to unload my bags. I don't see anyone coming to greet me. Maybe they're in town. I take my wallet out to pay the cabbie and he rejects the money. "Mr. Heelshire already paid for your fare, miss." I then place my wallet back in my purse. "Could you please tell me something? How are the Heelshires?" The cabbie looks at me and says, "They're very nice. The father owns a company of some sort but I can't remember what. The Heelshires are a very... interesting family. Well, you have a good day, miss." We said our goodbyes and the taxi left. I walk up to the stairs and the door was left open. I walk in, looking for the Heelshires. "Hello? Mr. Heelshire?" I say. No answer. I then place my bags down on the floor and I take my long sweater off. I go exploring around the house and I stumble upon a child's room. I pick up one of the child's toys and stare at it. "Did you get lost?" I squealed in surprise. I turn around to see a man in his late 20's with a long turquoise shirt and a vest. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I was trying not to." I smiled in response. What else could I do? "My name is Malcolm. What's yours?" He asked me with his soft British accent. "I'm Emma. It's nice to meet you." Malcolm smiled at me. He seems cute. "Weren't you the man I spoke with yesterday concerning the job?" "Yes, I am. I'm sorry for scaring you, again. I just arrived with the Mr. Heelshire. He went shopping for some items for  your room. Come with me. They're both in the living room." I followed Malcolm to the main room and I see an elderly man and woman, talking amongst themselves. "Hello. You must be Emma. I am Mr. Heelshire and this is my wife, Mrs. Heelshire. We're both very ecstatic that you can be here on short notice. I must tend to the traps. My dear, could you?" Mrs. Heelshire nodded and said, "Come with me, please." I follow her up the stairs and into another corridor. "Brahms will be very happy to meet you. If I may ask you, are you currently unattached?" The question stunned me a little and I meekly replied, "No, ma'am. I broke up with my boyfriend last year." Liar.  She smiled and said, "I ask because I don't want for there to be any visitors when you are taking care of Brahms." We approached the last door and Mrs. Heelshire knocks on the door. "Brahms. It's Mummy and your new nanny, Emma. We're coming in, sweetheart." As soon as the door is opened, I am greeted by a porcelain doll that is sitting in a chair. What is this?