8. Hero

- Chapter 8 :

"A-Attack?" You stuttered as Taehyung growled, standing in front of you. You chewed your lip and looked around the room for any object to use as defense. Your first guess was that Mogaria was attacking, but you weren't sure and kept silent as your eyes brightened. You tentatively picked up a vase and stood by the door, ready to bash the head of whoever was about to enter.

"Do you really think that, that will help?" Taehyung raised his brow as you frowned, annoyed at the man. "Just shut up damnit, at least I'm trying." You snarled as Taehyung kept quiet, watching you intently. You ignored him and stiffened, hearing the guards nearby scream as thuds filled the hallways. Whoever the attacker was, they were powerful for sure.

Footsteps sounded near the door you were in and you held the vase a little higher, noting that the attacker might be taller than you by any chance. Taehyung also stood, his eyes intent as the next events happened in the flash of an eye. There was a light breeze as a figure passed through the door, their aura emitting power. You let out a small battle cry and brought the vase down, waiting for the sickening smack it would make when it hit its target.

It never came however.

You looked up, a and tightly holding your wrist, the vase now shattered on the floor. Your eyes met the eyes of the attacker and you gasped, feeling a rush of warmth and concern wash over you. Without thinking, you wrestled your wrist out of the man's grasp and ran into his surprised figure, bear hugging him on spot. "Yoongi!" You exclaimed as the said man stiffened, awkwardly patting your back.

"How did you know I was here?" You asked, still hugging the flustered man as he coughed and looked into your eyes, raising his eyebrow. "I wasn't looking for you. I didn't even realize that you were gone." Your lips parted in shock and Yoongi escaped your grasp, looking through the room as his eyes landed on the bewildered Taehyung. You turned on your heel, frustrated at the lack of concern Yoongi had for you. "So then why are you here?" You angrily ranted as Yoongi looked at you over his shoulder, frowning, "I came for the legend. I traced him here." Yoongi pointed at Taehyung and your mouth widened. Taehyung was the wonder of Capella, it all made sense now!

Taehyung still look shocked, but a rush of realization and guilt flooded through his eyes as he coughed and stood straight, looking from you to Yoongi. You were still pissed, but a little excited that Yoongi had found yet another wonder. You were about to praise the man when he looked over his shoulder with a smirk, eyeing your collar. "What's with the collar Ciel? You're looking a lot like your true form, a dog." Your mouth widened and closed at the insult as a wave of heat spread through you. Taehyung looked amused, but more confused on why Yoongi had called you 'Ciel'. You made a noise between an angry scream and a curse before promptly walking out the room, marching down the empty hallways, limp guards lying on the floor.

You heard more commotion and realized that Yoongi was probably talking to Taehyung, which surprised you. You thought they'd fight or try to kill each other. Your blood was still boiling and you wanted to smack Yoongi, feeling tears of anger cloud your vision. Why was he so mean to you only, why not to anyone else? Did you do something wrong? You didn't realize where you were going and abruptly stopped, looking up. You deadpanned as you realized something, you were lost in the enemy's palace.

You were about to walk away when you heard whispering from a closed room, close to you. You bit your lip and edged closer, leaning your ear against the door as you strained to hear the conversation. At first you could only make out the king's voice, but then your ears adjusted and you could hear specific words and sentences. "Yes, the Eridanian legend was attacked the castle, I doubt he knows that Taehyung is a legend himself." There was a pause from the other side and you wished you were able to hear that, frowning internally.