Chapter 1

It's now March and I haven't seen Levi since graduation. He promised to come see me, but I'm guessing he is just too busy with seducing other girls.

"Screw him, Hayden." Megan, my sister, says. "Obviously he wasn't feeling how you were, just let him go."

"Maybe you're right, Meg, but I can't stop thinking of him...he's even in my dreams!"

Megan tries to stifle her laughs, but it doesn't work.

"Okay, seriously? Let it be!"

Let it be? I can't, I'm wrapped up in him; he's got me wound around his fingers. Megan and I walk towards the mall's food court and that's when I see it. Hair so black it could only be one person's. I grab Megan's arm and start tugging her towards him.

"Levi." I say.

He turns around and I'm relieved that it's him, but angry that he hasn't even called. He's with his friends; time to step up the public embarrassment.

"Hey, Angel." He smiles. "What's up?"

"Hmm...let's see, spending time with my sister, waiting for your call...why haven't you called?" I say sarcastically. "I've been waiting for weeks on end."

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Angel, but I do have a job now." He grins at me. "How about Saturday night? Let's go for coffee."

"Don't 'sorry' me." I snap. "I'll meet you at Vanilla Beans...if I'm up for it."

"I'll be looking forward to it-- seven o'clock p.m, okay?"

I walk away and his friends are snickering, some laughing and some saying things like 'ooh, you got told!'. I roll my eyes as we near the food court.

* * *

I decided that it won't hurt me to go on a date with Levi, if you could even call it that. I was at the coffee shop, in the same booth, sitting across from this handsome-in-his-own-way boy.

"So, how long was your longest relationship?" I ask.

He looks at his hands when he speaks. "Eleven months, that was the only time I have been serious."

"Mm...are you serious about us, Levi?" I say. "Or a better question is what are you looking for right now?"

It takes a bit of coaxing and urging to finally get an answer out of him.

"I'm not completely sure, Angel. I mean...I want to be serious with you, but at the same time I kind of just want to hook up for a while."

"So, friends with benefits?"

"No." Levi says firmly. "That never works out well. I think I can try to be serious again, it'll just take time."

"Fair enough." I smile. "I guess I can tell you what I'm looking for. I want a fully committed relationship and I want it to be serious. Sure, fun and games can happen in the beginning, but I want to know you, Levi. The true you; I know I can't be expected to be given your heart and soul...but only a portion of it is needed. I don't just want to have a one night stand, I'm not like that. I don't hook up, I date."

Levi ponders this for what seems like forever. While he does, I squirm uncomfortably under his gaze. Somewhere deep down, I know what he'll give me won't be enough, won't ever be enough.

"I'll try, Angel, I will. Just don't be surprised when I run away, okay? I'm a pro at games and I like to be chased...are you up for that?"

"I'll try, Demon, I will." I laugh at my own joke.